Orkut blocked in sex row
- United Arab Emirates: Thursday, July 05 - 2007 at 05:41
Google executives say they will try and negotiate with UAE authorities after they blocked networking site Orkut. The ban came following newspaper reports that thousands of users were joining sexually explicit communities such as "Dubai Sex". Social networking sites are routinely blocked in the UAE due to being "inconsistent" with the country's cultural and moral values.
- BlackBerry gears up to open first Middle East...
- BlackBerry fans in UAE to be the first...
- Iran plans national fleet expansion
- Gamification hits the Middle East
- Forum International introduces www....
- Twofour54 Briefing Room connects companies with...
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mediaquest FZ LLC. Mediaquest FZ LLC is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.