Iran shuns greenback deals
- Iran: Sunday, November 04 - 2007 at 14:19
An official at the National Iranian Oil Company (NIOC) has revealed that 85% of the Islamic Republic's oil deals are now conducted in currencies other than the US dollar, reported the Tehran Times. The NIOC has requested that purchasers pay in alternative currencies so that Iran can reduce its 'dollar dependence'. The US is currently leading an aggressive economic boycott of Iran over its disputed nuclear policy.
- Burj Al Arab introduces 24-carat gold iPads
- Qatar awards Impregilo-led consortium $2.2bn...
- Air Arabia secures $350 loan
- BBM coming to iPhone and Android this summer
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- World's highest observation decks
- Blackberry's BBM to become available on...
- TAKAUD aims to diversify personal savings and...
- PepsiCo-Jordan receives Pepsi-Cola...
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.