From Wednesday 10th September, the first of many incredible retail stores - including H&M, Freedom Furniture, Virgin Megastore and Debenhams -- will be open for browsing and buying, with more and more opening each day over the coming weeks and months. During Ramadan, the Centre will be open daily from 4 pm until midnight.
By next year, when its two hotels and the incredible indoor outdoor water park open, Bahrain City Centre will truly become one of the region's finest shopping, leisure and entertainment resorts.
The huge centre, strategically located on Sheikh Khalifa Bin Salman Highway in the heart of Manama, will put Bahrain's retail offering on par with other international cities like Dubai, London and Paris.
Anders Moberg, CEO of the Majid Al Futtaim Group, the owners of the mall, today said,
"We applaud the outstanding achievement of everyone who has worked so hard to enable us to open this stunning new Centre on time. We proudly invite the people of Bahrain to journey through the Centre and watch the mall reveal itself as more and more stores open their doors over the coming months. Visitors will see the future literally take shape around them as the City Centre unfolds into 2009 when it will truly be Bahrain's ultimate retail, leisure and entertainment destination."
Derek Rossel, General Manager, said, "This is history in the making, and there is a real excitement in the air. What people see today is just the initial offering of what will ultimately be the crown jewel of Bahrain's retail, leisure and entertainment by 2009. But even now visitors will get a glimpse of the spectacular and unparalleled experiences they can come to expect."
Built over 3 stories, there are several water features and fountains throughout the complex, and the interior design uses an aquatic inspiration throughout. Bahrain City Centre borrows from Bahrain's unique history with its architecture reflecting the importance of the sea to a seafaring nation, through its symbolic use of water.
On arrival, visitors will see an amazing 'wave ceiling' in the central galleria that will reflect light flooding in from sky windows and aquatic features to create a calming and beautiful environment.
Once complete in 2009, Bahrain City Centre will offer a world-class retail plan and hundreds of other 'firsts' to the Kingdom offering consumers a full range of choice including:
• Shopping from luxury brands including Roberto Cavalli, Rolex, Ferragamo and Burberry to convenience shops such as the Kingdom's first Carrefour hypermarket offering nearly 35,000 grocery products at attractive prices, as well as a complete selection of home fashion offers.
• Entertainment including a mix of permanent attractions and featuring the Middle East's largest cinema with 20-screen Cineco Cinema, family fun from Magic Planet and the only indoor/outdoor water park in the region, as well as visiting attractions such as international performances and special events.
• Lifestyle offers including health and beauty salons, 11 cafes for a quiet coffee or meeting up with friends, 13 restaurants for casual to formal dining, an international food court and luxury hotel accommodation and spa.
• A traditional Bahraini souk and prayer room.
• All set in a beautifully designed, safe, and air-conditioned complex with capacity for 5,500 cars in the largest and most comprehensive covered parking structure in the Kingdom.
Ahmed Al Hammadi, Majid Al Futtaim's Country Director Bahrain, added today that, "with the mall conveniently located 15 minutes from the airport, and only minutes away from the King Fahad Causeway, it has access to a millions of potential shoppers in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. We expect Bahrain City Centre quickly to become the favourite destination of local residents as well as a main attraction for tourists."
Bahrain City Centre is the latest development from Dubai-based Majid Al Futtaim, developers of the Mall of the Emirates and Deira City Centre in Dubai, along with additional regional and community centres in UAE, Oman and Egypt.