Industry Six-Month Trends:Four of the 12 industry sectors monitored by the Monster Employment Index register positive six-month growth rates in July
• BFSI (up 19%) led all sectors in growth for the July Index
• Engineering, Construction and Real Estate (up 5%) continued to record steady long-term growth
• Hospitality (down 27%) followed by advertising, market research, public relations, media and entertainment (down 25%) recorded the steepest six-month declines
Occupation Six-Month Trends:Six of the 11 groups monitored by the index registered positive six-month growth in July.
• Finance and Account (up 21%) recorded the most dramatic month-over-month as well as six-month growth in demand among all occupation groups
• Hospitality and Travel (down 16%) professionals noted the first positive month-over-month growth in demand since February 2011
• Demand for Marketing & Communications/Arts/Creative (down 17%) continued its downward trajectory with July marking a third sequential month of reduced online recruitment levels from the recent peak in April
Geographic Six-Month Trends:Online opportunities rose in two of seven countries monitored by the Index
• Bahrain (up 46%) continued to lead all seven countries by way of six-month growth
• KSA remained flat over a six-month period, dropping 10% from June levels
• While Oman (down 17%) experienced the sharpest six-month decline, the country's online recruitment market did rebound to some degree (10% month-over-month) following its recent three-month slide
• Opportunities match February 2011 levels
• Retail/Trade and logistics sector leads all sectors in month-over-month as well as six month growth
• Hospitality and travel professionals record the steepest decline.