Local governments support Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas Conference
- Iraq: Wednesday, August 24 - 2011 at 14:43
- PRESS RELEASE
Supported by the Kurdistan Regional Government, the Iraqi Government and the Ministry of Natural Resources - Kurdistan, Kurdistan-Iraq Oil and Gas will take place in Erbil on the 13-15 November 2011.
H.E. Dr Ashti Hawrami, the Ministry of Natural Resources, said in his letter of support, "The conference will gather together prominent figures from the KRG and the Federal Iraqi Government as well as international industry leaders and politicians. It will showcase the achievements and opportunities in upstream and downstream. The focus will be on the untapped potential as well as the success stories."
This conference will explore Iraq's new role in a global context and it will highlight the role of the investors on Iraq's economy and how the Kurdistan region and Iraq are looking to open markets and resources.
The conference has a big international representation, including top-level oil executives from oil and gas companies investing or looking to invest in Iraq and service companies both in logistics and oil servicing.
The conference agenda will showcase achievements and opportunities in upstream and downstream with a focus on the untapped potential as well as success stories and the gas-to-power policies of the KRG and the federal Iraqi Government.
Adding value to the core conference, there will be workshops in Legal and Technical, and field trips.
Gulf Keystone Petroleum is confirmed as Principal Sponsor; Genel Energy, DNO, Marathon Oil, Repsol, Oil & Gas Management, UB Holding, Addax Petroleum, Oilserv, Afren, OMV, MOL, Garda World and Mubadala are confirmed as Associate Sponsors for the Conference.
Confirmed Ministerial Keynote Speakers:
• H.E. Barham Salih, Prime Minister of Kurdistan, Kurdistan Regional Government
• H.E. Ashti Hawrami, Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government
• H.E. Michael Aron, Her Majesty's Ambassador to Iraq, British Embassy
• Nadhim Zahawi , MP, UK Parliament
• Aydın Selcen, Turkish Consul General, Turkish Consulate , Erbil
• Qubad Talabani, Representative to the US, Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
• Sir Jeremy Greenstock, Former UK Ambassador to the UN, Director, Lambert Energy Advisory ltd
• H.E. Abdul Razzak Alsaady, Head of Iraq Finance Commission, Iraqi Government
• Dr Alirio Parra, Senior Associate, CWC Group Ltd
• Saad Sadollah, Commercial and Business Development Advisor, Ministry of Natural Resources Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
• Michael Howard, Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
• Sirwan Aziz, Senior Advisor to the Minister of Natural Resources, Kurdistan Regional Government - Iraq
• Todd F Kozel, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Gulf Keystone Petroleum Ltd
• Mehmet Sepil, CEO, Genel Enerji
• Magne Normann, Managing Director, DNO
• Gretchen Watkins, Regional VP for International Production, Marathon
• J Jay Park Q.C., Partner and Chair, Global Resources Practice Group, Macleod Dixon LLP
• Dr Peter Wells, Director, Neftex Petroleum Consultants
• Prof Dr Friedbert Pflüger, Director European Centre for Energy & Resource Security (EUCERS), King's College London
• Peter Worby, Iraq Country Director, AAIB Insurance Brokers
• Ben Montalbano, Senior Research Analyst, EPRINC
The Kurdistan-Iraq Oil & Gas Conference is organized by the CWC Group Limited.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.