Emirates NBD holds its fifth annual general meeting
- United Arab Emirates: Monday, March 26 - 2012 at 16:18
- PRESS RELEASE
Emirates NBD, the leading bank in the region, held its Fifth Annual General Meeting (AGM) at the Bank's Headquarters.
The following resolutions were passed at the AGM:
1. Approval of distribution of 20% Cash Dividend (20 fils per share) for the year ending 31st of December 2011.
2. Review and approval of the Directors' Report concerning the Company's activities and financial status for the year ending 31st of December 2011 as well as Review and approval of the Auditors' Report for the same period.
3. Approval of the Consolidated Statements of the Company for the financial year ending 31st of December 2011.
4. Ratification of the Board of Directors and approval of the Board of Directors remuneration.
5. Approval under article 108 of the UAE Companies Law no. 8 of 1984 for the Directors to participate in activities relating to banking and financial business.
6. The Board of Directors and the Auditors were absolved from responsibility for the year ending 31st of December 2011.
7. KPMG was appointed as Auditors of the company for the year 2012.
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum added: "Emirates NBD's financial performance for 2011 reflects a positive and strong operational performance and demonstrates the strength and resilience of the Bank. We have taken a more conservative approach to strengthen the Bank's position to meet the challenges reflected in the broader global financial markets and Emirates NBD is on course to realise its vision to be the leading and one of the largest and most successful banks in the region."
Key financial highlights for 2011 included:
• Net profit for 2011 of Dhs2.5bn, up 6% compared with the prior year
• Earnings per Share for the year up 9% to Dhs0.41
• Encouraging revenue trends during the year with total income up 2% versus 2010
• Capital adequacy ratio further strengthened to an extremely healthy level of 20.5%
His Highness Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum concluded: "I would like to take this opportunity to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai for his valuable confidence and insightful vision. I also sincerely thank the Group's management and employees for their commitment and efforts this year and our customers and shareholders for their ongoing support and trust."
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.