UAE weekend switchover
- United Arab Emirates: Saturday, September 02 - 2006 at 08:07
Today is the first time in the UAE that a Saturday has been part of the official weekend. The decision to move from a Thursday-Friday weekend to a Friday-Saturday one was made to bring the country more in line with the Monday-Friday working pattern in western countries. Many private firms in the UAE already operate a Friday-Saturday weekend but now the public sector will also adopt the same routine.
- Saudia to stop Jeddah-Kano service
- Oman Air first GCC carrier to order B737-900ER...
- Iran cancels local drilling rigs deal, to buy...
- GAMES to take place from September 26 till 28...
- Investment Dar seeking 50% debt cut
- Al Sufouh tram project on track to open in...
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mediaquest FZ LLC. Mediaquest FZ LLC is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.