Abu Dhabi bourse knocks at 2,800, a first since Oct. 2010
- United Arab Emirates: Sunday, January 27 - 2013 at 15:59
Like the Dubai market the ADX started with gains and solid turnover into the last week of Jan. as the ADXGI ended up 0.60% at 2,799.63 points. Merging developers Aldar and Sorouh performed again in lockstep as both shares closed even at Dhs1.42 and Dhs1.72, respectively. Market bellwether Etisalat gained Dhs0.02 to reach Dhs9.52. The UAE's first telecom provider recovered half of its sever losses it suffered from Dec. 11 to Dec. 12 after the Emirati government set royalty fees for Etisalat and its Dubai-based rival Du for the years 2012 to 2016. The ministry of finance has set a federal royalty fee at 15% on revenues and 35% on profits for 2012-2015 for Etisalat. In 2016, the firm has to pay to the state 15% on revenues and 30% on profits. Shares of Abu Dhabi Ship Building lost the most, ending down 9.82% at Dhs1.01.
- Egypt in talks with Qatar, Iraq over energy...
- Sohar refinery expansion project attracts six...
- Iran's deals with Glencore, Trafigura may have...
- Kuwaiti lenders reject loan inflation allegations
- Dubai retains status as one of the world's top...
- Abu Dhabi to have nine new schools open in 2014
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- Arabtec workers stage strike in Abu Dhabi, Dubai
- STC launches BlackBerry 10 in Saudi Arabia
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to be...
- Dubai Chamber opens first African...
- UAE cloud market set for 43.7% growth until...
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by AME Info FZ LLC / 4C and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
AME Info FZ LLC / 4C can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.
In no event shall AME Info FZ LLC / 4C be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.