Cisco announced that the Al Hammadi Development and Investment Company (the Parent company for Al Hammadi Hospitals) has signed an agreement with Cisco and Wipro today to launch three smart and connected hospitals leveraging latest technologies in the medical grade infrastructure.
Al Hammadi partnered with Cisco and Wipro to deliver capabilities such as Private Health Cloud, Optimized Clinical Workflow Solutions and solutions that will increase the quality of care while transforming the experience of patients and medical staff. Solutions such as Cisco’s latest end-to-end Networking & Security solutions; Cisco’s Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and Wipro’s Hospital Information System (HIS) Cloud enabled Application in three of its hospitals in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia as part of a 90 Million SAR commitment to offer premium healthcare services.
The healthcare industry is currently going through a major transformation, with all segments of the industry worldwide being challenged to improve productivity and the overall the quality of patient care, and at the same time reduce the cost structure. With twenty-seven years heritage, the premier Al Hammadi Hospital in Riyadh has already achieved and gained a very good reputation throughout the Kingdom for delivering excellent medical services and always upgrading its facilities to deliver state-of-the-art healthcare across the board. It has focused on an overarching goal to constantly improve the quality of patient care in the most effective and cost-efficient manner.
• Building a Private Health Cloud to give secure and reliable access to medical records, information, and tools anywhere & anytime on demand to the right medical stakeholder.
• Clinical Workflow Optimization – integrating Data, Voice, Video and Mobility solutions to minimize human error, minimize time to diagnoses/resolution and improve patient care.
• Cisco’s healthcare offerings are accredited by the American Hospital Association (AHA), US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) and are Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) compliant.
• Virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) is being widely deployed to centralize and facilitate secure access for employees, administrators, doctors and nurses to attend to patient needs.
• Innovations in the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) are increasingly simplifying VDI deployments. UCS is an integrated, scalable, and manageable platform in which all resources are managed from a unified management domain. It is designed to meet the unique requirements of VDI deployments. The simplified architecture will help the Al Hammadi Hospitals to reduce acquisition costs, achieve more efficient power use and improved business agility to reduce ongoing operational costs.
• Wipro’s Hospital Information System (HIS) is a comprehensive solution that automates the clinical, administrative and supply-chain functions and will enable the Al Hammadi Hospitals to improve their operational effectiveness, consequently reducing costs and medical errors, while enhancing quality of care.
• Wipro HIS has 40 robust modules all integrated seamlessly to each other and is deployed in some of the biggest hospitals across India, the Middle East and APAC regions. It has robust functionality covering billing and administration, electronic medical records, electronic health records, clinical systems, supply chain modules and business intelligence. The clinical system comprises an electronic patient record which forms the core of the system and links to all other departments in the hospital. This helps in providing improved clinical outcomes and better diagnosis and care to the patients. The administrative and supply chain modules improve productivity and efficiency, driving down costs and waste.
Mohammed Al Hammadi, CEO Al Hammadi Development and Investment Company: “As a leading provider of healthcare services in the Middle East, Al Hammadi Hospital is continuously striving to maintain its leadership position in terms of introduction of latest healthcare technology solutions to meet the ever growing needs of our patients as well as our healthcare providers. Cisco’s and Wipro’s technology solutions will help us deliver a state-of-the-art network infrastructure to enable us to offer the very best in healthcare. We are confident the our 90 Million SAR investment will enable us to stay ahead of the game by helping is create and deliver three outstanding healthcare facilities to cater of the health needs of our citizens.”
Subramanian Krishnan, Sales Head, KSA, Wipro Arabia: “Healthcare business models are constantly evolving with health IT as the industry expands. Our HIS solution will help Al Hammadi Hospitals to control various processes that govern this sector and as well as escalating costs while also leveraging existing infrastructure. HIS has advanced intelligence tools that enable the management of the healthcare facilities to take informed real-time decisions. It supports workflows, alerts and notifications which help keep critical business as well as clinical parameters in control.”
Abdullah Al-Swaha, Director of Operations, Cisco: “We are delighted and honored that the Al Hammadi Development and Investment Company have chosen to partner with Cisco to deliver the Hospitals of the future that will transform the way healthcare providers deliver quality care – from empowering doctors with secure access to medical information and expertise anywhere & anytime in the hospital, the clinic and remotely to transforming the patient experience. Al Hammadi is already at the forefront of delivering change in Saudi Arabia by continuing to innovate and transform the healthcare industry to meet patient and practitioner demands and Cisco is very proud of this partnership.”
Wednesday, January 29- 2014 @ 11:30 UAE local time (GMT+4) Replication or redistribution in whole or in part is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.