• Continued investment in the Middle East region
• Heightened focus on ICT skills training
• New technology capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented economic opportunities for businesses and individuals in the region
Continued Investment in the ME Region
According to Dabboussi, "Cisco's operations in the Middle East have continued to grow year on year representing a product and services business that is one of the largest in Cisco's Emerging Theater within Europe, Middle East Africa and Russia (EMEAR). Cisco is committed to collaborate with indigenous organizations and governments in the Middle East to help support plans for further accelerated development. In 2013 company's focus will continue to be is information communications technology (ICT) energy, the critical national infrastructure, education, healthcare, defense & national security and the service provider market".
Rabih Dabboussi, continued, "Our goal is to drive customer and partner success by making it easier to do business with Cisco in the Middle East region. As we continue to align with country agendas we will continue to focus on creating job opportunities for the growing youth population who are entering the workforce today and in the future."
Other speakers at the event included:
• Howard Charney, Senior Vice President, Office of the President who focused on the Internet of Everything (IoE) and how it already changing the world as we know it today. This means new opportunities, new businesses, new experiences and new services as well as big opportunities for people, companies, and countries.
• Den Sullivan, Head of Architectures and Enterprise, Emerging Theatre, Cisco who discussed Cisco's new unified access products designed to simplify operations as need increases to connect more people, data, processes and things to the network in the Middle East.
• Peter Ford, Managing Director, Cisco Consulting Services discussed how big data is already transforming businesses today and playing an integral role in defining new processes to aid in new innovation.
Record Attendance Sets New Record at First Cisco Connect UAE Event
This year's rebranded and expanded flagship technology event, which was held at the Atlantis the Palm Hotel, in Dubai, boosted an unprecedented 2000 attendees and provided a platform for Cisco to discuss and showcase current ICT trends such as the Internet of Everything (IoE), and how organizations and government throughout the Middle East can leverage these trends to drive business success and make their visions possible.
Participants also benefited from presentations and technology breakout sessions delivered by Cisco subject matter experts, as well as Cisco partner workshops. These sessions also embraced technology topics such as cloud, collaboration, video, virtualization and borderless networks.