Bahrain-Japan links are well developed and last year marked the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Bahrain. Japan is a key economic partner for Bahrain, and the Kingdom is home to a number of major Japanese companies including Nomura Securities, Toyota Training Centre, Yokogawa, Daiwa Securities, Yamato Kogyo and SBI Pharmaceuticals.
Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive, Bahrain Economic Development Board said: "We are delighted to be visiting Japan again - the Japanese economy is one of the world's leading markets and our mutual ties go back many years. There are already 25 Japanese companies based in Bahrain and we are hopeful that these meetings generate further interest from firms looking to join them in using Bahrain to access the Gulf market."
Members of the Bahrain delegation will include:
• H.E. Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al-Khalifa, Minister of Foreign Affairs
• H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive of the EDB
• H.E. Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al-Khalifa, Political & Economic Advisor, Court of the Crown
• H.E. Dr Khalil Hasan, Ambassador of Bahrain to Japan
• Dr Esam Abdullah Fakhro, Chairman of the BCCI
• Mahmood Al Kooheji, CEO, Mumtalakat
• Farouq AlMoayyed, Chairman, Y.K. Almoayyed & Sons BSC
• Fuad Kanoo, Vice Chairman, EK Kanoo Group
• Khalid Al Zayani, Honorary Chairman, AlZayani Investments
• Abdulhameed Kooheji, Chairman, AJM Alkooheji
• Fawzi Ahmed Kanoo, Deputy Chairman, YBA Kanoo
• Ahmed Mirza Jawahery, Chairman and CEO, METEE.