DIB gets shareholders' nod for Tamweel buyout
- United Arab Emirates: Tuesday, March 05 - 2013 at 05:36
The shareholders of Dubai Islamic Bank (DIB) have approved the lender's 100% acquisition of the emirate's top Islamic mortgage lender, Tamweel. The assembly voted in favour of the formal offer by DIB, which is the majority shareholder in Tamweel with 58.2% of the issued equity, to acquire the remaining 41.8% of the issued shares in Tamweel it does not currently own. After the closing of the share swap offer, DIB plans to apply to the Securities and Commodities Authority of the UAE for the delisting of Tamweel shares from the Dubai Financial Market.
- Iran plans national fleet expansion
- Total acquires 80% stake in Kurdistan block
- Saudia told to enhance services
- Forum International introduces www....
- Twofour54 Briefing Room connects companies with...
- Gamification hits the Middle East
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by Mediaquest FZ LLC and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
Mediaquest FZ LLC can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of Mediaquest FZ LLC.
In no event shall Mediaquest FZ LLC be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.