EU to keep Iran's Mellat, Saderat banks on sanctions list
- Iran: Wednesday, March 06 - 2013 at 04:41
The European Union has said Iranian banks Saderat and Mellat are to remain on the EU blacklist, despite an EU court ruling to lift sanctions on the two lenders, Kuna has reported. The two banks will not be removed from sanctions list until a decision has been reached on whether to appeal against the court ruling, an EU official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told journalists in Brussels. The Luxembourg-based EU General Court ruled in February that the EU had failed to provide sufficient evidence that the two Iranian banks were involved in Iran's nuclear programme when the EU targeted them with sanctions in 2010. "We are now considering whether to lodge an appeal. In the meanwhile, the listing is still effective. So Saderat and Mellet are still on EU sanctions list," the official said.
- OMRAN drives new tourism projects in Oman
- MAF acquires Carrefour's minority stake in JV,...
- Aldar selects Greek contractor for Bani Yas...
- Abu Dhabi to have nine new schools open in 2014
- Dubai Chamber opens first African...
- Kuwaiti lenders reject loan inflation allegations
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- QNET intends to expand its operations in region...
- HP Enterprise Services signs global agreement...
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to be...
- Kuwait confirms new swine flu case
- More than 2,000 healthcare professionals gather...
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by AME Info FZ LLC / 4C and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
AME Info FZ LLC / 4C can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.
In no event shall AME Info FZ LLC / 4C be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.