Hotel Summit Saudi Arabia
Growing domestic demand, a strong corporate sector and the continued expansion of religious tourism are all fuelling development of the hotel industry, with global names eyeing Saudi Arabia as a key potential market.
With a government push to stimulate domestic travel through the auspices of the Saudi Commission for Tourism & Antiquities (SCTA) that is now regulating hotels, plus continued growth of religious Hajj and Umrah tourism and ongoing government investment stimulating business travel, the stars are aligned to propel Saudi Arabia up the league of hot hotel investment territory.
HRH Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz Al-Saud, President and Board Chairman of the SCTA has announced their long-term vision for the country's hospitality sector including:
- Increasing the visitor numbers from 47 million in 2008 to 88 million in 2020
- More than double the number of hotel rooms from 120,000 to 255,000 in the same period
- The hospitality sector to provide 2.3 million jobs by 2020
- The value of commercial interior fit-out is to be US$821 million
- Increasing the number of hotel employees from 102,000 to 186,000 in the same period.
- Qatar Airways orders Boeing 777s at Paris Air Show
- Pratt & Whitney expects 'substantial' increase...
- Boeing to launch larger Dreamliner
- Falconcity appoints Eng. Adnan Saffarini Office...
- Sammy Tuffaha underscores importance of...
- Russo's New York Pizzeria announces strategic...
Tools and Options
Organiser Contact Details
Sheikh Zayed Road, Jumeirah Lake Towers, Cluster C, Suite 507, The Palladium
United Arab Emirates
The information listed in the AMEinfo.com Event directory is updated continuously and the above details are accurate to the best of our knowledge. AMEinfo.com is not to be held responsible for the accuracy of the information listed nor can AMEinfo.com be held liable for any loss as a result of inacurate information.
If you are aware of any inaccurate information, please report errors to our editors and provide them with the updated details. You may also claim ownership of this record by clicking the 'Edit' option at the top of the page - this will allow you to edit the current entry in our database, provided you are granted ownership of the entry.
© 1996-2013 Mediaquest FZ LLC. All rights reserved. Replication or redistribution of AMEinfo.com content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Mediaquest FZ LLC.