AAOIFI - World Bank Annual Conference on Islamic Banking and Finance
1. Islamic finance in overall economic systems
- Shari'a and economic systems - what is an Islamic economic model?
- What are key lessons for Islamic finance from the economic and financial crisis?
- Can Islamic finance be applied in monetary and fiscal policies to manage economic growth?
2. Investment accounts - Murabaha vs Wakala
- What are the key Shari'a principles and requirements for Murabaha and Wakala investment accounts - and effects on accounting principles and treatments?
- How can Murabaha and Wakala be applied to interbank money market operations?
3. Takaful - issues on operations and accounting
- How different are business and operating models of Takaful operations across the markets?
- What are the Shari'a and recommended regulatory rules governing Qard Hassan loans from Takaful operator to policyholders' pool?
- Challenges on investment of Takaful surplus funds.
- Updates on review of accounting standards for Takaful.
4. Risk management for Islamic finance
- Effects of capital adequacy standards on Islamic banks' liquidity and capital requirement.
- Development of interbank liquidity management instruments.
- Risk management disclosure requirement in Islamic banks' financial reports.
5. Shari'a issues and challenges for Islamic finance
- How to develop Shari'a-compliant overdraft facilities and working capital financing?
- How to develop Shari'a-compliant trade financing facilities and syndication?
- How to apply Shari'a-compliant financing in large-scale projects?
6. New development in accounting standards for Islamic finance
- Revised accounting standard for investments in real estate.
- Revised accounting standard for Ijarah.
- New accounting standards for issuance of Sukuk.
- UAE, Oman ink education cooperation agreement
- Total looking to re-develop Qatari oilfield
- Oman's Al Suwadi, Al Batinah Power planning...
Tools and Options
Organiser Contact Details
Block 304, Al Muthana Road, Yateem Center, Building 71, 4th floor, Office 403, Manama.
The information listed in the AMEinfo.com Event directory is updated continuously and the above details are accurate to the best of our knowledge. AMEinfo.com is not to be held responsible for the accuracy of the information listed nor can AMEinfo.com be held liable for any loss as a result of inacurate information.
If you are aware of any inaccurate information, please report errors to our editors and provide them with the updated details. You may also claim ownership of this record by clicking the 'Edit' option at the top of the page - this will allow you to edit the current entry in our database, provided you are granted ownership of the entry.
© 1996-2013 AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. All rights reserved. Replication or redistribution of AMEinfo.com content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.