Professional Risk Management
Projects are subject to a wide range of uncertainties, which could affect achievement of objectives (namely, risks), including those which could harm the project (threats) and those, which could help the project (opportunities). Well established techniques exist for managing threats, but there has been no comparable approach for opportunities - until now! Leading-edge standards such as PMI's A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) include both threat and opportunity in their definition of risk, but most processes have remained threat focused. Using the proven techniques presented in this seminar, the traditional risk process can be extended to ensure that opportunities are maximized at the same time as threats are minimized, giving the best chance to meet project objectives. Take your risk process to the next level and double the benefit.
18 hours to be carried out over 3 days include presentation, small group work, personal exercises, class-lead group discussion and a worked example case study.
►Who should attend?
Anyone involved in a project which is subject to uncertainty, project managers who wish to learn how to manage opportunities proactively on their projects, risk practitioners who wish to extend their skills to handle upside risk and any project stakeholder with an interest in maximizing the chances of project success.
►How you will benefit
Develop and enhance the contributions you make to your organization by being able to:
- Recognize opportunities within your projects, and manage them proactively alongside threats
through a common risk process.
- Develop effective techniques for identifying opportunities.
- Prioritize opportunities and determine those requiring focused attention.
- Develop appropriate response strategies for identified opportunities.
- Ensure effective management of uncertainty and maximize the likelihood of achieving your project objectives.
- Apply preferred risk psychology, revealing sources of bias and enabling these to be recognized and countered.
- HP Enterprise Services signs global agreement...
- Qatar Airways wants to be 777X launch customer,...
- Qatar Airways announces expansion on three...
- Du launches BlackBerry Q10 4G in UAE
- Samsung Electronics Levant and BCI launch...
- BBM coming to iPhone and Android this summer
Tools and Options
Organiser Contact Details
The information listed in the AMEinfo.com Event directory is updated continuously and the above details are accurate to the best of our knowledge. AMEinfo.com is not to be held responsible for the accuracy of the information listed nor can AMEinfo.com be held liable for any loss as a result of inacurate information.
If you are aware of any inaccurate information, please report errors to our editors and provide them with the updated details. You may also claim ownership of this record by clicking the 'Edit' option at the top of the page - this will allow you to edit the current entry in our database, provided you are granted ownership of the entry.
© 1996-2013 AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. All rights reserved. Replication or redistribution of AMEinfo.com content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.