NFPA 101: Life Safety Code
The aim of this seminar is to provide the attendants with a thorough understanding of NFPA 101, including the two sub-codes that it covers: Guide on Alternative Approaches to Life Safety (NFPA 101A), and Code for Means of Egress for Buildings and structures (NFPA 101 B). Experienced instructors explain the intent behind requirements, so you can implement or enforce this code in all types of life safety matters.
This seminar will prepare attendants to be able to:
- Explain requirements for new, existing, and renovated buildings
- Explain classification of occupancies
- Determine requirements for enclosure and protection of the means of egress
- Apply provisions for doors, stairs, smoke-proof enclosures, horizontal exits, ramps, exit
passageways, and more
- Determine the egress capacity of the entire means of egress system and individual components
- Recognize specific fire protection systems and the appropriate reference standards
- Explain hazard of contents
- Calculate occupant load of a given space using appropriate occupant load factors
- Use concepts of accessible means of egress and areas of refuge
- Determine the need for, and minimum requirements applicable to, illumination, emergency
lighting, and egress marking
- Identify and apply the requirements for protection of vertical openings and for hazardous areas
- Interpret the core chapters and the occupancy specific requirements for special structures and
- Employ provisions for building services including utilities, HVAC, smoke control, elevators and
escalators, and rubbish and laundry chutes
- Burj Al Arab introduces 24-carat gold iPads
- Alcatel-Lucent brings the 'New PC Era' to...
- Qatar awards Impregilo-led consortium $2.2bn...
- BBM coming to iPhone and Android this summer
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- World's highest observation decks
- Blackberry's BBM to become available on...
- TAKAUD aims to diversify personal savings and...
- UAE cloud market set for 43.7% growth until...
Tools and Options
Organiser Contact Details
The information listed in the AMEinfo.com Event directory is updated continuously and the above details are accurate to the best of our knowledge. AMEinfo.com is not to be held responsible for the accuracy of the information listed nor can AMEinfo.com be held liable for any loss as a result of inacurate information.
If you are aware of any inaccurate information, please report errors to our editors and provide them with the updated details. You may also claim ownership of this record by clicking the 'Edit' option at the top of the page - this will allow you to edit the current entry in our database, provided you are granted ownership of the entry.
© 1996-2013 AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. All rights reserved. Replication or redistribution of AMEinfo.com content is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.