Fortinet will be introducing four new additions to its wireless access point product family with the release of the FortiAP-320B, FortiAP-223B, FortiAP-112B and the FortiAP-11C. The new FortiAP models provide customers looking to integrate secure wireless access with their network security with significant advantages that include faster connections, simplified deployment, centralized "single pane of glass" management and reduced total-cost-of ownership. The devices work seamlessly with the wireless controller functionality embedded in every FortiGate network security device.
Fortinet will also be introducing strong two-factor authentication clients: the FortiToken-200CD, FortiToken-Mobile and FortiToken-300, providing businesses with the flexibility to choose which token solutions best fit their environment from a security and ease-of-use standpoint. The new tokens work in conjunction with both FortiGate and FortiAuthenticator platforms. FortiAuthenticator supports FortiToken across an enterprise by enabling authentication with multiple FortiGate appliances and third party devices.
New Product Details
• FortiAP-320B: a dual-radio 3x3 triple stream 802.11n access point that provides 900 Mbps of aggregate wireless connectivity; a 50% improvement over previous technology. This access point is designed for environments that require high availability, high user density and high throughput over longer range.
• FortiAP-223B: a dual-radio, dual-stream access point that supports external antenna connections. This allows customers more flexible installation options by projecting wireless signals to difficult to reach locations
• FortiAP-112B: an economic single radio outdoor access point designed for cost-effective guest Wi-Fi services or as a Wi-Fi mesh client that can be used as a CPE antenna for wireless Internet providers
• FortiAP-11C: a small access point suitable for travel or remote access. The remote AP function will automatically discover the FortiGate wireless controller in the enterprise cloud, download its configuration and offer the same SSID used in corporate environments so remote employees can gain secure encrypted access to enterprise resources over the Internet.
• FortiToken-200CD: ships with an encrypted activation file that allows customers to activate their tokens repeatedly and across multiple authentication servers without risking compromise from token seed exposure in an online database
• FortiToken-Mobile: an Open Authentication (OATH) compliant, time-based One Time Password (OTP) generator soft token application for mobile devices downloadable from iTunes® or Google Play
• FortiToken-300: a hardware-based USB Smartcard token for managing and storing PKI certificates and their associated private keys. Combined with the FortiAuthenticator Certificate Management functionality, FortiToken-300 provides a client certificate-based strong authentication solution from a single vendor
FortiToken products are available now. FortiAP products will be available upon the release of a forthcoming version of the FortiOS operating system, which is scheduled late October.
During the Gitex Cyber Security Seminars Series in Hall 2, Emilio Roman, International Vice President of Sales Operations at Fortinet, will present on the theme of 'Secure Your Business in a BYOD World'. During two sessions scheduled on October 15 at 2:30 pm and October 16 at 1:00 pm, Emilio Roman will look at how, in a BYOD environment, businesses can retain control of their networks while giving users the information they need when they need it. He will explain how, with features such as client reputation, endpoint profiling and authentication, Fortinet can help businesses enable BYOD security through granular control over users, devices, data and applications.
"The BYOD revolution urges organizations to look at how to embrace an unavoidable practice while minimizing its risks," said Bashar Bashaireh, Regional Director at Fortinet Middle East. "We are pleased to be part of Gitex, as this is a great platform for us to demonstrate how our new wireless and authentication products along with other embedded security technologies can help organizations deploy a robust, flexible and cost-effective BYOD security infrastructure."
GITEX Technology Week is considered the gateway to the Middle East, one of the world's fastest-growing and investment-ready ICT markets. It connects over 3,500 domestic and international IT vendors with more than 138,000 ICT professionals.
For more information on our security solutions, please visit us at Gitex in Hall 2 B2-20.