HP ElitePad takes flight with Emirates Airlines
- United Arab Emirates: Wednesday, November 21 - 2012 at 14:13
- PRESS RELEASE
HP and Emirates Airlines announced the HP ElitePad 900 tablet as the primary interface for the airline's new Knowledge-driven Inflight Service (KIS), making the airline the first global customer of the tablet.
"Emirates constantly seeks ways to enhance our customers' experience," said Kevin Griffiths, senior vice president, Cabin Crew, Emirates Airlines. "We selected the HP ElitePad 900 to power KIS because of its sleek design and light weight, which allows our staff to provide the highest levels of service to our customers, whilst maintaining the ruggedness and security measures needed from an Enterprise class device."
Announced in October 2012, the HP ElitePad 900 is a true tablet for the enterprise that is tailor-made for Emirates' KIS application. It balances a beautiful design with enterprise-grade features, serviceability and support. The ultrathin and lightweight Windows 8-based tablet will allow Emirates' pursers and their crew to provide premium in-flight service to customers while protecting personal information with robust security protocols.
"For its advanced KIS concierge service, Emirates Airlines needed an enterprise-grade tablet," said James Mouton, senior vice president and general manager, Personal Computer Global Business Unit, HP. "In the HP ElitePad, it found a compact, powerful and stylish business tool ideally suited to meet the needs of its staff and customers, both on the ground and at 40,000 feet."
Main features of the HP ElitePad 900:
• An ergonomic design featuring a 10.1-inch diagonal display, while weighing just 1.5 pounds and measuring 9.2 millimeters (mm) thin. This will allow Emirates' pursers and their crew the agility to efficiently address customer needs throughout flights.
• Stylish, premium materials such as CNC-machined aluminum and Corning Gorilla Glass 2 that look right at home in Emirates' luxurious cabins.
• Engineering that meets military standard 810G testing for drop, vibration, dust, temperature and altitude, allowing it to stand up any travel conditions.
• Enterprise-caliber data, device and identity protection for Emirates customers with HP Client Security.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.