HRH the Crown Prince leads Bahrain business delegation to India
- Bahrain: Tuesday, March 19 - 2013 at 10:38
- PRESS RELEASE
A business delegation from the Kingdom of Bahrain was in India as part of an official state visit led by His Royal Highness Prince Salman Bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, the Crown Prince of Bahrain, the First Deputy Prime Minister, and Chairman of the Bahrain Economic Development Board (EDB).
The delegation visited Kochi and conducted a series of meetings with senior Indian officials in order to demonstrate Bahrain's position as a gateway for the Gulf economy. During the visit, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed between Baby Memorial Hospital Ltd, a leading hospital in Kerala and VKL Group, a member of Al Namal Group, in Bahrain. Under the terms of the MoU, Baby Memorial Hospital Ltd. will manage two hospitals and one medical centre being promoted by VKL Group in Bahrain.
Speaking about the visit, Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive of the EDB, said: "Bahrain and India share strong business relations. Bahrain currently hosts more than 120 Indian firms and Indian nationals are the largest expatriate community in Bahrain. As Indian firms continue to expand internationally, Bahrain's low cost of doing business, highly skilled local workforce and access to the GCC market mean that it can provide an excellent location from which these firms can access the fast-growing Gulf market, which is worth well over a trillion dollars."
Speaking about the MoU, Varghese Kurian, Managing Director, Al Namal Group said: "We are very pleased to have signed such an important MoU with one of India's leading hospitals. By working more closely with Baby Memorial Hospital in Kerala, we plan to further improve the medicare sector in Bahrain, which is already one of the most advanced healthcare systems in the Gulf ."
The visit also provided an opportunity to boost links between Bahrain and India, who have always maintained a friendly & stable relationship. As part of the roadshow, the EDB organized a series of one-to-one meetings with government officials and members of the private sector.
Other members of the Bahrain delegation included:
• H.E. Shaikh Khalid bin Ahmed Al-Khalifa, Minister of Foreign Affairs
• H.E. Kamal bin Ahmed, Minister of Transportation and Acting Chief Executive of the EDB
• H.E. Shaikh Mohammed bin Essa Al-Khalifa, Political & Economic Affairs Advisor, Court of the Crown Prince
• Ebrahim Zainal, Vice Chairman, Bahrain Chairman of Commerce and Industry (BCCI)
• A.Nabi Al Shoala, Chariman, Al Fanar Investment
• Mohammed Dadabhai, Chairman, Dadabhai Group
• Abdulkarim A Bucheery, CEO, Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait (BBK)
• Yusuffali M.A., Managing Director, EMKE Group
• Dr. Ravi Pillai, Chairman, R. P. Group of Companies
• Yusuf Al Saleh, Chairman, Bahrain Flour Mills Company
• Nabeel Kanoo, Director, Kanoo Travel
• Khalid AlAmin Director, COO of Retail Operations, Ali Rashid Al-Amin & Sons
• Manoj Bhatia, Group Chairman, Naraina Holding Company
• Kishore Kewalram, Managing Director, Kewalram & Sons
• Abraham John, Honorary Chairman, The Indian School
• Juzer Rupawala, Regional Director, Lulu Bahrain Hyper Market
• Vargese Kurian, Managing Director, Al Namal Group
• Ali Hasan, Chairman, Al Noor International School
• T.T. Thomas, Chairman, New Indian School
The total trade between India & Bahrain in 2011 was $1.23bn and diplomatic relations have been established between the Kingdom of Bahrain and Republic of India at Ambassadorial level since 1971. Indian nationals play an important role in Bahrain's culture and economy. There are more than 300,000 Indian residents in Bahrain and a number of Indian companies with regional headquarters and branches registered in Bahrain including: Tata Consultancy Services, Tech Mahindra, JBF Industries, Canara Bank, ICICI Bank, Bank of Baroda, First Flight and State Bank of India.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mediaquest FZ LLC. Mediaquest FZ LLC is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.