Iran says FX reserves in 'good position'
- Iran: Saturday, October 13 - 2012 at 01:58
Iranian finance minister has said his country's foreign exchange reserves are in a "good position," as the government grapples with a steep decline in its currency and sanctions from Western countries over its nuclear programme, Reuters has reported. Shamseddin Hosseini told reporters that the government was taking steps to stabilise the currency, such as curbing speculative demand. "When it comes to reserves, actually we are in a good position. We are having some problems transferring hard currency, and this is putting pressure on our currency market," Hosseini told reporters at a briefing.
- OMRAN drives new tourism projects in Oman
- Aldar selects Greek contractor for Bani Yas...
- MAF acquires Carrefour's minority stake in JV,...
- Abu Dhabi to have nine new schools open in 2014
- Dubai Chamber opens first African...
- Kuwaiti lenders reject loan inflation allegations
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- QNET intends to expand its operations in region...
- HP Enterprise Services signs global agreement...
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to be...
- Kuwait confirms new swine flu case
- More than 2,000 healthcare professionals gather...
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by AME Info FZ LLC / 4C and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
AME Info FZ LLC / 4C can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.
In no event shall AME Info FZ LLC / 4C be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.