"Employers across Middle East continue to adopt a cautious approach owing to current global economic conditions. This cautious sentiment is reflected in the Monster Employment Index for November," said Sanjay Modi, Managing Director, Monster.com (India/ Middle- East/ South East Asia).
Industry Year-over-Year Trends:Online opportunities exceeded November'11 levels in three of the 12 industry sectors monitored by the index.
• Hospitality (up 38%) led all sectors followed by Retail/Trade and Logistics (up 37 percent)
• Chemicals/ Plastic/ Rubber, Paints, Fertilizer/ Pesticides (down 19%) registered the steepest annual decline
Occupation Year-over-Year Trends:Five of 11 occupation groups registered improved online demand over the year
• Sales and BD (up 25%) led all occupational groups in year-over-year growth
• HR & Admin (down 26%) followed by Legal (down 18 percent) professionals registered the weakest long-term trend
Geographic Year-over-year Trends:Online opportunities exceeded November'11 level in four of the seven countries monitored by the Index.
• Qatar (up 24%) followed by Bahrain (up 20%) led all countries in year-over-year growth
• KSA (down 26%) continued to register the steepest decline over the past 12 months.
KSA Highlights• Online recruitment activity in KSA declines 26% from November'11 level
• Hospitality (up 6%) registers the most notable annual growth
• Purchase / Logistics / Supply Chain (up one percent) leads in annual growth amongst the occupation groups
UAE Highlights• UAE registers annual growth of 8%
• Retail/Trade and Logistics (up 45%) records the most notable growth in online opportunities over the year
• Sales and BD (up 11%) leads in annual growth amongst the occupation groups.