"Nissan's expertise in commercial vehicles spans more than eight decades and today boasts one of the widest range of LCVs (Light Commercial Vehicles) in the world serving a diverse customer base with the broadest possible breadth of requirements," said Murakami-san. "When developing the new NV350 Urvan, Nissan had to produce a vehicle flexible enough to meet these needs while also offering class-leading durability, reliability and efficiency, whilst providing exceptional driver and passenger comfort. We believe the new NV350 Urvan achieves all this with a bold new design which will appeal to our customers."
Atsuo Kosaka, Managing Director, Nissan Middle East commented: "Nissan NV350 Urvan's combination of low running costs, durability and flexibility have been helping large and small Middle Eastern businesses deliver on time and on budget for four generations. New NV350 Urvan builds on this solid foundation by offering more transmission options, body variants and innovative features. With its refreshed and reinvigorated offering, Nissan Middle East is confident enough in the NV350 Urvan to have set an ambitious target of doubling sales in the next three years."
At the occasion of this event, the cooperation between Red Bull Racing and Nissan was presented. Read Bull Racing, which is based in Milton Keynes in the UK, is making use of Nissan light commercial vehicles. To assist with Red Bull's transportation needs, Nissan's Light Commercial Vehicle Business Unit is supplying a fleet of more than 30 vehicles and related services to the team. Nissan support vehicles have been based at the team's UK headquarters and used for all European events.
Jonathan Wheatley, Red Bull Racing team manager, commented: "Within such a high-pressure and challenging environment as Formula One, we need reliable partners taking care of all our versatile transportation needs all over the world. Extensive travel is part and parcel of Formula One, and the transportation of our material and staff are an essential part of our successful operations. We are very reassured that the NV350 Urvan will be supporting our race operations at this year's Japanese Grand Prix."
Nissan NV350 Urvan highlights
• Best in class fuel efficiency in both petrol and diesel variants
• Ample load capacity with cargo space length improved +145mm(STD body)/+230mm(Long body)
• Wide-body NV350 Urvan derivative is offered to the Middle East for the first time raising maximum load-space from 7.7m3 to a cavernous 9.2m3
• Smooth ingress and egress has been realised by the optimal positioning of hand grips for both driver's and front seats
• Access to the rear accommodation has been dramatically improved by raising the height of the sliding door aperture
• Improved legroom for all three front passengers
• Dash-mounted gear-shifter
• Vehicle information display placed at the centre of the meter panel
• Utility Nuts that can easily affix storage racks, tools and other items, placed on the side panel of the cargo space, which can be used to personalize the space according to each customer's needs