Ooredoo seeking loan for Maroc Tel acquisition
- Qatar: Sunday, March 17 - 2013 at 07:30
Qatar's Ooredoo is in talks with lenders about a syndicated loan to support its bid for Vivendi's Maroc Telecom stake, as bidders face the prospect of having to finance a bid for the whole company, Reuters has reported. The Moroccan government is seeking to keep a 30% stake in Maroc Telecom, but a bid for Vivendi's 53% stake could trigger a mandatory bid for the whole company under Moroccan law, two senior bankers said. "We are assessing the probability of the need to acquire the whole company," a senior banker said. Etisalat has been talking to banks about a syndicated loan of $6-8bn since mid-February and appointed BNP Paribas as a financial adviser in late February.
- PayPal launches in Egypt
- Bahrain's GPZ in deal with 1,800 workers to end...
- Oman's Sohar airport conducts trail landing
- Dubai retains status as one of the world's top...
- Abu Dhabi to have nine new schools open in 2014
- Dubai Chamber opens first African...
- Omantel launches Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE smartphone
- Arabtec workers stage strike in Abu Dhabi, Dubai
- STC launches BlackBerry 10 in Saudi Arabia
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport to be...
- UAE cloud market set for 43.7% growth until...
- Kuwaiti lenders reject loan inflation allegations
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by AME Info FZ LLC / 4C and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
AME Info FZ LLC / 4C can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.
In no event shall AME Info FZ LLC / 4C be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.