RSA Security Analytics launch comes to Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia: Monday, February 18 - 2013 at 15:24
- PRESS RELEASE
At a media roundtable at the RSA Summit held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, RSA, the security division of EMC Corporation, announced the release of RSA Security Analytics - a transformational security monitoring and investigative solution designed to help organizations defend their digital assets against today's most sophisticated internal and external threats.
Any intelligence-driven security program must begin with a comprehensive understanding of risk facing the organization. Current security technologies, including SIEM tools, often fall short in this area; they cannot provided deep enough visibility into today's threats and often cannot scale to today's analytic needs.
By providing security professionals with the visibility to see and understand vulnerabilities and attacks, RSA Security Analytics is engineered to enable the discovery of risks as they occur, thus significantly cutting the time required for investigations from days to minutes. Furthermore, by helping security professionals understand digital risks originating from both inside and outside their enterprise, organizations can better defend business assets, including intellectual property and other sensitive data, while reducing the time and cost associated with threat management and compliance-focused reporting.
The RSA Security Analytics Unified Platform is designed to deliver:
• Quick Capture and Analysis -- Security-relevant data, including full network packets, logs, and threat intelligence, are captured and quickly analyzed to speed up the detection of potential threats.
• High Powered Analytics - Enables much larger-scale collection of data and empowers new analysis methods over that of traditional SIEM-based approaches to security. Integrated Threat Intelligence - Helps organizations operationalize the use of threat intelligence feeds to accelerate detection and investigations of potential attack tools and techniques targeting the enterprise.
• Context for Threats - Through integrations with the RSA Archer GRC platform and RSA Data Loss Prevention (DLP) suite, and by fusing data produced by other products, analysts can use business context to prioritize and allocate resources to the threats which pose the greatest risk.
• Malware Identification - Using a variety of investigative techniques, the solution identifies a much wider range of malware-based attacks.
• Automates Compliance Reporting - Helps enable compliance as an outcome of good security practices.
The integration of proven Big Data platforms and analytic methods into security tools provides a significant advancement to how security is performed. As built, the RSA Security Analytics platform brings together unparalleled visibility, leverages Big Data platforms and advanced analytic methods capable of identifying high risk activities, advanced threat mitigation and meeting compliance objectives.
Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst, Enterprise Strategy Group, "The sophistication of advanced attacks and the associated malware is growing every day testing the limitations of existing security analytics tools. The Big Data phenomenon could help address this situation for security professionals making it important for organizations to rethink their choice of security solutions. Marrying intelligence-driven security with Big Data analytics has the potential to help enterprises address the complex problem of advanced threats and thus meet a significant need in the marketplace."
Ahmed Abdella, Regional Manager, Turkey, Emerging Africa, and Middle East at RSA, The Security Division of EMC, "In the face of constantly evolving and increasingly intelligent security threats, enterprises need to arm themselves with agile security technologies to defend themselves. RSA Security Analytics is designed to revolutionize the traditional security practices such as monitoring and threat detection to detect threats missed by traditional, signature based security tools reducing the time and cost associated with investigation and response. RSA Security Analytics is the cornerstone of RSA's intelligence-driven strategy that combines a host of leading existing technologies such as network security monitoring, log-oriented SIEM, malware analytics, forensics, compliance reporting, with Big Data management and analytics, to better address the security needs of organizations."
RSA Security Analytics is now available worldwide.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.