Saudi telecom firms earned SR65bn in 2011
- Saudi Arabia: Sunday, August 05 - 2012 at 13:50
According to data by Saudi Arabia's Communications and Information Technology Commission (CITC), telecom companies in the kingdom have earned SR65bn from their operations at the end of 2011, and realised an average growth rate of 12.8%during 2001-2010, Arab News has reported. Revenues of mobile communication services accounted for 80% of the total revenues while fixed telephony and data services took the remaining 20% of the revenues. The number of subscribers to telecommunication services stood at 53.7 million by the end of 2011 where prepaid customers accounted for 87% of overall subscribers, the report said.
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by Mediaquest FZ LLC and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
Mediaquest FZ LLC can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of Mediaquest FZ LLC.
In no event shall Mediaquest FZ LLC be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.