Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan Foundation launches 'Art for All'
- United Arab Emirates: Wednesday, September 26 - 2012 at 15:56
- PRESS RELEASE
The Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan Foundation (SSHF) announced today the launch of Art for All, the premiere community arts programme which celebrates the art and artists of the UAE.
"My genuine wish to share this lifelong journey of personal development is what led to the formation of the Foundation in 2010. I believe that we can all help each other; our community and our world. We have an opportunity to lay the groundwork and transform the UAE and its people into a community that has a passion and drive to maintain its culture through the arts for generations to come. Art is a unifying experience and one of the strongest tools we have to express ourselves without needing words," announced Her Highness Sheikha Salama bint Hamdan Al Nahyan, the Founder of the Sheikha Salama Foundation.
She continued: "Art for All is the result of our wish to inspire the community at a grassroots level and raise their interest in the arts by making it more accessible. Additionally, it is our duty as a community to promote emerging Emirati artists and support them in their quest to unlock their potential."
Art for All will be a long-term community art programme that will take place throughout the year. The series of programmes that will start on October 1st leading up to Abu Dhabi Art (ADA), includes:
• 1 October -2 November 2012: Art for All Emerging Artists Touring Exhibition will showcase the diverse works of five Emirati emerging artists under the theme of "Between Public and Private". The exhibit will appear at Abu Dhabi Mall, Al Bawadi Mall and Al Gharbiyah Mall.
• 14 October - 11 November 2012: Art Buses spread across the Abu Dhabi Emirate will give elementary school students the chance to display their winning artwork.
• 8-23 October 2012: Photography Booth The photography booth will raise awareness around Art for All and Abu Dhabi Art in an interactive way that will engage the public.
• 17-23 October 2012: Art for All Community Week at Khalifa Park will give the public a chance to participate in a range of exciting workshops and activities with local and international artists. A gallery of the public's artwork will be on display for the public to vote on.
• 7-11 November 2012: Art for All Community Pavilion at Abu Dhabi Art will exhibit the winning public artwork as well as the collaborative mural designed by the public and artist during Art for All Community Week.
• 9 November 2012: Art Talk by Emerging Emirati Artists will be part of the Public Program of Abu Dhabi Art, and will feature the artists of the "Between Public and Private" touring exhibition to discuss the concept of their works.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of Mediaquest FZ LLC. Mediaquest FZ LLC is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.