Smartphones to exceed one billion handsets mark in 2013
- Middle East: Thursday, July 26 - 2012 at 10:53
IDC has said mobile devices with internet connectivity are expected to break the one billion barrier by 2013, Saudi Gazette has reported. "The number of mobile devices with internet access has simply exploded over the last several years," said John Gantz, chief research officer at IDC. Around a quarter of the world's population was fortunate to have access to the internet last year, with over 1.6 billion users. More than a third of the population is thought to be online by 2013, Gantz noted.
Related Content
Article Options
Disclaimer »
The information comprised in this section is not, nor is it held out to be, a solicitation of any person to take any form of investment decision. The content of the AMEinfo.com Web site does not constitute advice or a recommendation by AME Info FZ LLC / 4C and should not be relied upon in making (or refraining from making) any decision relating to investments or any other matter. You should consult your own independent financial adviser and obtain professional advice before exercising any investment decisions or choices based on information featured in this AMEinfo.com Web site.
AME Info FZ LLC / 4C can not be held liable or responsible in any way for any opinions, suggestions, recommendations or comments made by any of the contributors to the various columns on the AMEinfo.com Web site nor do opinions of contributors necessarily reflect those of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C.
In no event shall AME Info FZ LLC / 4C be liable for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, direct, special, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages, or damages for lost profits, loss of revenue, or loss of use, arising out of or related to the AMEinfo.com Web site or the information contained in it, whether such damages arise in contract, negligence, tort, under statute, in equity, at law or otherwise.





