Social and personal services sector grew by 7.5% in 2011, says Qatar Statistics Authority
- Qatar: Monday, February 11 - 2013 at 09:33
- PRESS RELEASE
Qatar Statistics Authority (QSA) regularly conducts a comprehensive annual economic surveys to collect aggregate and detailed data on the different types of economic activities practiced in the country.
The results of the 2011 Survey of Social and Personal Services will be released through the 22nd. issue of the publication, "Annual Bulletin of Social and Personal Services Statistics, 2011". A highlight of the key results of the survey is provided in this press release.
The total production reached QR7.0bn, with an increase of 7.5% compared with the preceding year. The gross value added (GVA) generated reached QR4.4bn. The net value added (after eliminating depreciation) amounted to QR3.8bn. Gross value added (GVA) per employee was QR93.7 thousand. The percentage of intermediate goods to gross output was 14.4%, while the percentage of intermediate services to gross output was 22.9%.
A total of 3 205 establishments were covered, of which 644 (20%) are large establishments, defined as those employing 10 or more employees. These were fully covered in the survey. The total number of employees in the social and personal services activities reached 46 734 persons of whom 36 506 (78%) were employed by large establishments; their annual wages amounted to QR3.5bn. The remaining 22% were employed by small establishments. Their annual wages amounted to QR296.7m. The majority of the workers in the wholesale and retail sector (97.8%) were non-Qataris.
QSA takes this opportunity to express its thanks and appreciation to all proprietor and staff of establishments for their cooperation as well as for the timely response.
Articles in this section are primarily provided directly by the companies appearing or PR agencies which are solely responsible for the content. The companies concerned may use the above content on their respective web sites provided they link back to http://www.ameinfo.com
Any opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information expressed in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of AME Info FZ LLC / 4C. AME Info FZ LLC / 4C is not responsible or liable for the content, accuracy or reliability of any material, advice, opinion or statement in this section of the AMEinfo.com Web site.