The new Xerox MFPs with the ConnectKey software will use the industry's first embedded security protection from McAfee, giving IT managers more control and peace of mind in "bring your own device" (BYOD) workplaces. ConnectKey MFPs also have an extra layer of security with Cisco's TrustSec, which protects data paths to and from the devices.
With ConnectKey's open Application Programming Interface (API), sales channel partners, systems integrators and resellers can develop and embed apps on the MFP with no additional software requirements.
Work Simplified with MFP Apps, Cloud Access, Mobile PrintingConnectKey's solutions give IT professionals, channel partners and large, medium and small workplaces fast and easy ways to get work done, including:
• Easy IT integration: ConnectKey MFPs can be managed as a central part of the network, much like servers, for straightforward set-up and service. Troubleshooting and training can be addressed remotely by IT administrators, or self-help can be initiated with online support and videos on the front panel.
• Print from anywhere: Workers can print from any email-enabled mobile device without special software with Xerox Mobile Print or use apps with additional convenience features developed for iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry.
• Cloud access: With a single touch - and no middleware - ConnectKey Share-to-Cloud moves documents to repositories, such as SharePoint Online, Google Drive, DropBox, DocuShare, Evernote, PaperPort Anywhere or Salesforce.com.
• Connect to SharePoint: Office workers can browse and store documents in SharePoint and network folders, or store directly to their SharePoint My Site or home folder. With a focus on ease of installation and maintenance, it's designed for small- and medium-size businesses.
• Standard apps or build-your-own: Xerox's App Studio will let users and channel partners customize apps that make daily work processes faster. For example, a custom app for a health insurance company could scan reimbursement claims directly into the payment system from the MFP screen.