As Dubai International Film Festival (DIFF) gears up for its 12th year, Global Communications Agency (GCA), formerly known as Lumin, is once again preparing to host celebrities at the exclusive VIP lounge. With a fabulous range of brands from the region and around the world, the lounge will be a luxurious location for guests to relax and prepare for the red carpet.
As the official make-up partner of the lounge, MAKE UP FOR EVER will be offering its immaculate services to VIPs and celebrities alike, ensuring they look flawless on the red carpet. As the ultimate finishing touch to any look, local jeweler Ahmed Kurdi will be showcasing his dazzling designs and the lounge will also be bringing to the stage a new jewellery designer – RAWANA.
“We are incredibly excited to be back for another year at DIFF. Bringing a whole host of local and international brands to our lounge ensures we give the visiting celebrities and VIPs the best experience possible.” Said Katherine Raso, Co-Founder and General Manager of GCA (formerly Lumin). “Located across two suites, our brand list features local designers among big international names; such as Caliente, Monkey Cookies and Divine Beauty Lounge. We are also happy to introduce new brands to our lounge such as RAWANA jewelry and Ayaso Boutique.”
Offering the complete VIP experience, the lounge is located at a private location within the Al Qasr hotel.
Full news and updates can also be found on our social media channels:
Facebook – Facebook.com/VIPLoungeUAE
Twitter – Twitter.com/VIPLoungeUAE
Instagram – VIP Lounge UAE
1) Rivoli – Known as one of the largest luxury lifestyle retailers in the region, Rivoli will be showcasing a range of luxury eyewear from top international brands such as Tom Ford, Balenciaga and Roberto Cavalli. Browsing through the enticing collection celebrities and VIP guests will be spoilt for choice. Whether you are drawn to the classic, must-have designs of Tom Ford or to the embellished creations of Roberto Cavalli, there is something for everyone.
2) lululemon athletica – Recently opened in Dubai, lululemon athletica is the go-to brand for exercise lovers around the world. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, the brand is active in creating innovative fabrics to ensure comfort and ease of wear, even when doing the most grueling of fitness classes. Within the VIP lounge lululemon athletica will be gifting guests with clothing, selectively chosen from their expansive range and equipment bags. Celebrities will also be invited to take part in a variety of private fitness classes located around the city including stand-up paddle boarding, yoga, Pilates, and more.
3) Monkey Cookies – Starting off as a home grown experiment, Monkey Cookies have grown into a brand synonymous with creating new combinations of flavours and fresh, delicious cookies across Kuwait, Saudi Arabia and the UAE. Their gooey soft centre bakes are a unique delight and traditional soft baked cookies come in decadent flavours such as S’more and Hershey’s chocolate chip. Each product promises happiness in every bite!
4) Divine Beauty Lounge – Expertly looking after your health and beauty needs, Divine Beauty Lounge will be offering manicures, pedicures and massages within the VIP lounge, along with exclusive gifts. Quickly becoming one of the most highly respected beauty and wellness brands within the UAE, Divine Beauty is focused on providing its clients individual attention, catering to their specific wants and needs.
5) Diageo – Bringing Johnnie Walker Blue Label, Diageo is back for another year providing refreshments throughout the lounge.
6) MAKE UP FOR EVER – As the official makeup brand at Dubai International Film Festival, MAKE UP FOR EVER, the go-to brand for professional makeup artists and all women, continues to bring the world of professional makeup from backstage onto the red carpet by offering Celebrities & VIP guests an Ultra-High Perfection Natural Beauty Box which includes the 1st 4K Ultra HD Foundation & stick foundation in addition to other red carpet must-haves.
It’s all about a perfect natural complexion and dazzling eyes, and now you can have it.
MAKE UP FOR EVER is also offering its makeup services to VIPs & Celebrities so they can get that alluring red carpet look throughout all the happenings taking place during the festival.
7) Moresque – Launching in this years’ VIP lounge, Moresque offers a collection of evocative, exclusive and modern fragrances that embody the ‘scent of the Orient’. Using rare and locally sourced raw materials the collection consists of seven, distinct unisex scents. Separated into three categories the black, white and art collections, each fragrance has a unique passion and emotion behind its creation. Artfully brought together in exceptionally designed bottles, Moresque eau de parfum’s are to be treasured and worn whatever the occasion.
8) Caliente- Created by an Emirati designer, the fashion-forward brand specializes in the creation of high-end trucker caps. Inspired by the designers’ own passion for the cap’s, Caliente offers exceptional designs and produces a range of special edition caps for exclusive customers. Worn by some of the most influential people in Dubai, the caps are fast becoming some of the most sought after designs in the region and around the world.
9) Ayaso Boutique – Inspired and founded by a mother, daughter duo, Ayaso Boutique developed from a passion of design. Beginning by commissioning pieces for friends and family the company soon expanded its clientele throughout the UAE, Indonesia and the UK. Uniquely crafted with keen attention to detail, the brand focuses on beautifully constructed kimono’s, wraps and capes, all designed with the modern woman in mind.
10) o’de rose – o’de rose is an eclectic boutique located on 999 Al Wasl Road in Dubai. The boutique offers clothing, accessories, furniture, contemporary art and home décor by renowned designers and artisans such as Nada Debs, Name Design Studio, Verreum, Iyad Naja, Sacha Walckhoff, Karen Chekerdgian, Rana Salam, Kafka Goes Pink, Sarah’s bag, Nada Zeineh, Kalimah Brand, Maria Halios Design and many more. o’de rose redefines the meaning of ‘statement piece’ – each item in the boutique is hand-made and hand-picked from different parts of the world and reflects Arabic heritage with a modern twist.
11) Shiseido – With One philosophy, One vocation: Beauty as its driving motto, global beauty brand Shiseido has pioneered skin and cosmetics technology for more than 140 years and offered some of the most visionary treatments and products within the industry.One of the oldest cosmetics companies in the world, Shiseido has pioneered new ways to make people look better, feel better and live better since 1872. Already dedicated to investing in company-wide research and development that boasts award-winning technology and numerous patents, the company’s three pillars of rich (a continual search of beauty and aesthetics resulting in the wealth of spirit and mind), human science (keeping humanity at the center of all product creation and treatment rituals) and omotenashi (devotion to clients) further enrich Shiseido’s offerings of world-class beauty and skin treatments inspired by the latest technology.
12) RAWANA – Rawan Al Fassi studied jewellery at the Gemological Institute of America and has turned her studies into a unique jewellery collection. Inspired by her time in New York and Saudi Arabia, the brand works with gold, diamonds and precious stones to create beautiful pieces to treasure. The Rawans’ signature collection is based around the humble button, which has never been created before in the high-end jewellery market. The sporty yet chic brand suites all occasions, whether they be casual or formal, giving you a piece that you will love today and in years to come.
13) Ahmad Kurdi – Starting his brand in 2005, Ahmed Kurdi has steadily built a reputation for crafting precious, high-end jewellery pieces, and with that has developed a loyal clientele of high profile individuals, such as members of the royal family and heads of state. Ahmed has a passion for gemology and has carefully selected his magnificent team to ensure quality and passion goes into every design. Artfully set precious gems and modern thinking makes each creation a treasure to be handed down through generations.