Complex Made Simple

Indian firm invests in Oman aluminium

Bangalore-based Future Metals Private Ltd has partnered with the Oman Oil Company to establish an aluminium rod extrusion plant at the Sohar Industrial Estate. The plant will use the hot metal from Sohar Aluminium's newly operational $2.4bn smelter, reported Gulf News. Future Metals will have 70% stake, while the remaining 30% will be owned by Takamul Investment, a venture capital fund set up by Oman Oil Company.