National Bank of Abu Dhabi (NBAD), the Safest Bank in Emerging Markets and the Middle East by Global Finance magazine, is ranked number one bookrunner of Bonds and Sukuk in the GCC for the first 9 months of 2015, according to data compiled by Dealogic.
This marks the first time a Middle-Eastern bank has been top ranked in this segment, reaffirming NBAD’s expertise and credibility among international investors in Asia and across the West-East Corridor.
GCC bond issuers raised a total of about USD 16 billion during the first three quarters of 2015, via 28 international capital markets transactions, half of which were led by NBAD. UAE banks are the region’s most prolific Bond and Sukuk issuers year-to-date followed by borrowers from Oman and Saudi Arabia.
NBAD has bookrun multiple landmark deals during 2015, including:
– the region’s only sovereign issuance: for the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
– the world’s first-ever Export Credit Agency guaranteed Sukuk: for Emirates Airline
– several benchmark offerings : for Islamic Development Bank, Etisalat, DP World, Bank of Sharjah, Dubai Islamic Bank, Bank Dhofar, Bank of Bahrain & Kuwait, RAK Bank and National Bank of Kuwait.
Andy Cairns, Managing Director and Global Head of Debt Origination & Distribution at NBAD, added: “We have invested heavily across our debt platform and it is encouraging that the benefits accruing from NBAD’s involvement in a fundraising – in terms of superior advice, distribution and execution – are being recognized by the increasing number of issuers who choose to work with us”.
NBAD is the most highly decorated Middle East debt house having won 46 industry awards year-to-date – more than any other firm in the region.
Key 2015 awards include:
• GlobalCapital Bond Awards “Rising Star Emerging Markets House” – NBAD is the first-ever Middle Eastern bank to win this prestigious award
• Global Islamic Finance Awards “Best Sukuk House of the Year” – NBAD is the first-ever Middle Eastern bank to win this prestigious award
• Sukuk Summit “Award for Excellence for Best Lead Arranger of Sukuk”
• Euromoney Awards for Achievement “Best DCM House in the UAE”.