QInvest, Qatar’s leading investment bank and one of the most prominent Islamic financial institutions globally, announces that the Bank was awarded the Global Leadership Award for Excellence in the International Banking & Finance Sector at the 2015 awards ceremony held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
The Global Leadership Awards, which are now in their 5th year, recognise leading institutions and figures across many sectors and industries.
The ceremony brings together and showcases global leaders representing the diplomatic, business, financial, government, philanthropic, media and social sectors.
The event is organised by The Leaders International, a high profile business magazine and co-organised by the American Leadership Development Association (ALDA), a US-based NGO which promotes leadership.
Tamim Hamad Al-Kawari, Chief Executive Officer of QInvest, said: “QInvest has come a long way since we launched our new strategy in early 2013, and successfully positioned the Bank to support Qatar and the wider region’s international investment plans. In addition, we have ensured that we are ideally placed to nurture the growth of the global Islamic finance industry and act as a gateway for investors looking to access the region’s fast growing dynamic economy.”
Commenting on wining this Award, Michael Katounas, Deputy CEO and Head of Investment Banking, said:
“We are delighted to have won the Global Leadership Award. This international accolade is a significant achievement for the experienced and talented team who is continually developing solutions and responding to clients’ needs. Looking into 2015, we have a strong pipeline of deal flow which will further strengthen our position as a leader in the markets in which we operate.”
Chris Daniel Wong, Acting CEO & Director, My Events Sdn. Bhd., said:
“I would like to congratulate QInvest for their leadership excellence in banking. The recent quarterly result shows that QInvest is maximizing shareholders return while being the leading bank in the Middle East region thus fitting with the recent Global Leadership Awards conferred to them”.
QInvest recently published its financial results for the first quarter of 2015. It reported strong performance across its three core business lines – Investment Banking, Principal Investments and Asset Management – with an increase in revenues by 27% and net profit rising 57%.
QInvest continues to focus on strengthening its brand to maintain its position as the leading investment bank in Qatar and one of the word’s prominent Islamic financial institutions.
Since the beginning of the year the Bank has been awarded a number of prestigious awards including:
– Euromoney Award for Excellence 2015: Best Investment Bank in Qatar for the third consecutive year
– Islamic Finance News Awards 2014: Qatar Deal of the Year for QInvest’s role in assisting the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg with its debut €200 million Euro-denominated Sukuk
– Global Banking & Finance Awards 2015: Best Islamic Fund Management Company in the Middle East & Qatar, and Best Islamic Asset Management Company in the Middle East & Qatar
– The World Union of Arab Bankers: Best Investment Bank in Qatar
– The Asset Triple A Awards: Best Investment Bank, Sukuk House of the Year and Best Asset Management House of the Year in Qatar; and Best Deal for Luxembourg for QInvest’s role in assisting the Grand Duchy of Luxembourg with its debut €200 million Euro-denominated Sukuk