Seedstars, the leading emerging market startup community and investor, selected Ebutler, Kenz, Hayatech, Otaxi, Hospitalia, Quantum and Optiyol among the most promising startups from MENA in front of over 150 guests. They will represent the region at the Seedstars Summit 2020 in Lausanne, Switzerland and compete for the title of the Seedstars Global Winner, and up to $500,000 in equity investment and other prizes.
Here is a list of all selected startups to go to Seedstars Global Summit:
– Ebutler, Qatar, One App for any service you need with the tap of a button. Find reliable providers for 300+ services covering every aspect of your life.
– Kenz, Palestine, Kenz is an e-commerce business, based in Palestine, specializing in and selling curated collections of women’s lingerie and pajamas to the Gulf markets.
– Hayatech, Bahrain, Hayatech is a B2B, Software as a Service (SAAS) and connected hardware platform that aims to build an ecosystem around wellness.
– Otaxi, Oman, Distribute the land transportation business in Oman
– Hospitalia, Cairo, Hospitalia is a one stop revolutionary integrated healthcare platform dedicated to home healthcare services for geriatrics.
– Quantum, Saudi Arabia, Quantum is a data-driven targeted sampling platform. Where it aims to digitize the sampling industry and help make more accurate.
– Optiyol, Turkey, Optiyol helps freight and passenger transportation fleets for smarter route schedules that reduce costs and improve on-time performance.
In addition to that as part of a partnership between Qatar Business Incubation Center and Seedstars, Debito, a platform to manage credit in a traditional grocery, will head to the Seedstars Global Summit with the winning startups.
The selected startups that were selected at Seedstars Regional Summit to compete for the ICT Accessibility prize in Switzerland are Lazarillo and Talov. These startups will go on to Seedstars Global Summit to compete for $15K grant!
The other startups invited to pitch were Accounting Panel, Bookr, Dealaat, Fine Posture, Go Platform, Kifal Auto, Loro, Loudsteps by Boni Global, Optiyol, Seemba, and Speetra Design Studio.
More than just a tech conference, the Seedstars Summit MENA was an opportunity for all stakeholders involved to network and create added value for their impact-driven companies. Prior to the main day, an intensive growth Bootcamp to teach the 20 startups how to scale up their businesses was led by the Seedstars Investment team. It was followed up by the Investor Forum where the startups had over 78 one-to-one meetings with top local and international mentors and investors.
“They tried to bury us, they didn’t know we were seeds.” – Mexican proverb Seedstars is a Swiss-based private group of companies with a mission to impact people’s lives in emerging markets through technology and entrepreneurship. The groups’ activities cover over 80 emerging ecosystems through a variety of events such as the Seedstars World Competition, acceleration programs, physical hubs called Seedspace, venture capital investments and company building activities.
ABOUT SEEDSTARS WORLD COMPETITION
Seedstars World is the world’s largest startup competition in emerging markets. For the past six years, Seedstars Teams travel around for a 9-month world tour and scout for the best early-stage startups in 65+ countries, organizing 100+ events. One winner is selected to represent each country visited, and is invited to attend one of the 5 Regional Summits, reuniting all local winners of each region to network with regional investors, mentors and corporates. Local winners are also awarded the chance to represent their countries at the Seedstars Summit, the competition’s final happening in Switzerland, where startups compete for up to $500,000 in investment. The Seedstars Summit is the flagship event of Seedstars, filled with breakout sessions, panel discussions, specialized workshops and the best minds from emerging markets.