Bloomberg Media has launched Bloomberg Green, a new multiplatform editorial brand focused on climate change news, analysis, and solutions. Bloomberg Green includes a new website featuring a global, interactive climate data dashboard, a daily email newsletter, a podcast, and a magazine. It will also include integration across digital video, QuickTake by Bloomberg, Bloomberg Television, Bloomberg TV+, Bloomberg Radio, and Bloomberg Live events. Bloomberg Green went live today on BloombergGreen.com and on the Bloomberg Terminal.
Drawing on Bloomberg’s global newsroom of 2,700 journalists and analysts across 120 countries, Bloomberg Green will center on the business, science, and technology of climate change. The brand will utilize Bloomberg’s deep data expertise to produce original reporting and solutions-driven coverage, as well as business and investment focused content. Bloomberg Green starts with an established audience for climate, sustainability and green finance coverage, as Bloomberg News already publishes hundreds of stories each month on these subjects across its platforms.
“The climate change era is upon us and Bloomberg Green will be the first global business media brand wholly dedicated to this essential story,” said Justin B. Smith, Chief Executive Officer of Bloomberg Media. “Like the climate story itself, Bloomberg Green will span the entire globe, leveraging Bloomberg Media’s unrivaled footprint.”
“We want Bloomberg Green to be the indispensable guide to anyone who wants to understand the great transition that is climate change — investors, politicians, chief executives and scientists to be sure, but also clever readers everywhere,” said John Micklethwait, Bloomberg Editor-in-Chief. “
Founding Partners for Bloomberg Green include Amazon, HP Inc., JLL, PGIM and Tiffany & Co. These companies -— together representing the retail, technology, real estate, financial services and luxury industries — have committed to supporting Bloomberg Green across its launch year in an effort to address critical issues related to climate and sustainability. This includes participation in the inaugural Bloomberg Green live event, as well as custom content and integrations created by Bloomberg Media in collaboration with each Founding Partner. Presenting sponsors, including Iberdrola, will also support Bloomberg Green activations throughout the year.
Key features of Bloomberg Green:
- Data Dashboard: A dynamic dashboard of environmental and energy metrics is central to Bloomberg Green, giving readers a straightforward, highly visual way to understand what’s happening in climate developments right now. These live data points, original to Bloomberg Green, include tracking of tree loss, air pollution, carbon-free energy and more. The Data Dash includes a compelling data-visualization experience anchored by additional reporting and interactive graphics, and will be incorporated into every Bloomberg Green story
- Daily newsletters: The Bloomberg Green Daily e-mail newsletter will be hosted by a different Bloomberg Green journalist each business day of the week, focusing on individual topics from climate impact, science, zero-emission technology, sustainable investing, and the energy transition. Readers can sign up to receive it here
- BloombergGreen.com and Bloomberg App. A dedicated website features original reporting, long form storytelling, rich data visualizations, graphics, and video and audio features. Bloomberg Green will also be featured on Bloomberg’s mobile app
- Magazine: Bloomberg Green will publish a magazine, and the first issue will launch in April for Earth Day. Each issue will focus on a signature theme, combining new reporting and features alongside a collection of premier climate journalism. The magazine will be printed on 100% recycled paper and its content will appear on the Bloomberg Green website and on the Terminal
- Live events: Bloomberg Live will curate marquee Bloomberg Green events. To kick off, Bloomberg will host a special Bloomberg Green conversation on solutions needed to create meaningful climate action at the World Economic Forum in Davos on January 22. Bloomberg Green programming will also be incorporated into other Bloomberg Live global events throughout the year
- Video and audio: Bloomberg Television and Radio will feature regular Bloomberg Green segments on their global programming, including a weekly Green Power segment on Bloomberg TV featuring climate thought leaders and a weekly Green Business segment on Bloomberg Radio, following developments in sustainable investing, clean energy, and more through the lens of business opportunity. In addition, Bloomberg Green will integrate digital video series from QuickTake by Bloomberg and a Bloomberg Green podcast will debut later this year
- Thought leaders: Three new columnists will write regularly: science fiction writer Kim Stanley Robinson, climate researcher Kate Mackenzie, and New York University Professor Gernot Wagner. Bloomberg Green will also publish op-ed pieces contributed from around the world
- Social media: Bloomberg Green can be found on Instagram and Facebook (@bloomberggreen) and on Twitter (@climate). Bloomberg’s deep data sets will power highly shareable, easily digestible news analysis via Datagrams — a high-performing Instagram Story platform that creates data visualizations tailored for social.