At Oracle OpenWorld, Oracle previewed the next major release of Oracle(r) E-Business Suite. Designed to support businesses in today's global economy, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 enables customers to think globally to make better decisions, work globally to be more competitive and manage globally to lower costs and increase performance.
With a new streamlined user interface and thousands of new cross-industry capabilities spanning enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management and supply chain management, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 is continued proof of "Applications Unlimited" program, Oracle's long-term plan to provide continued enhancements to current Oracle Applications.
"LG Electronics, Inc. is the world's major technology innovator in electronics, information and communications products. With more than 80 subsidiaries globally, we needed a solution that could cost efficiently support our global business processes," said President and CFO of LG Electronics Young-Soo Kwon. "We chose Oracle E-Business Suite as it provided the best platform for integrating our various global systems. We are also excited about Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 and we believe the shared service center capabilities that are planned will make this new release even easier to manage, which will make our business more efficient."
Think Globally to Make the Better Decisions
Having a single, global view of customers, suppliers, partners and operations gives companies the ability to make more informed decisions. With the new release of the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle has added capabilities to help make decisions based on complete information from systems that cross regions and divisions. Examples of planned capabilities include:
* Oracle Profitability Manager, which gives users expanded capabilities to perform profitability analysis and reporting along any dimension of business including products, channels, segments and the ability to drill down to individual customers.
* Oracle Strategic Network Optimization, which allows users to continuously evaluate the cost and revenue implications of any decision affecting a company's global supply chain.
* Oracle Projects Portfolio Analysis, which gives users the ability to choose, fund and prioritize global projects based on what-if scenario analysis.
Work Globally to be More Competitive
Many companies are faced with the complexities of running an organization that has multiple divisions spanning different operating units or global regions. Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 provides new functionality for managing processes that span multiple business units. For example, the planned functionality in Oracle Financials allows for a single transaction to create multiple accounting entries for local and corporate GAAP, providing large multinational companies the ability to manage from a single repository for simplified consolidation and reporting. Additionally, new capabilities planned in Oracle Compensation Workbench show all forms of compensation for employees in a single place regardless of the employee's geographic location or organizational boundary.
Manage Globally to Lower Costs and Increase Performance
Historically, implementing and managing applications that cross operating units or geographic entities has taken considerable time and effort. Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 makes it easier and less expensive to implement, manage and scale. Planned key areas include:
* Compliance - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 allows users to manage compliance globally with a centralized business rules repository for reviewing and auditing of accounting business rules in a single environment.
* Streamlined User Experience - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 leverages the strongest user experience best practices from existing and acquired products to deliver and easy-to-use user experience. The new user interface helps ensure maximum productivity for a company's users.
* Global Application Management - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 includes pre-instrumented management functionality in Oracle Enterprise Manager 10,g for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12, helping customers maximize the value of enterprise applications. Additionally, to simplify the installation and upgrade process, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 allows system administrators to receive specific instructions based on implemented products and previously applied patches.
* Extensive Integration Capabilities - Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 provides advanced support for integrating Oracle applications with third party applications. Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 includes a web services repository that catalogues hundreds of services in the Oracle E-Business Suite. Additionally, Oracle plans to certify Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 on Oracle Fusion Middleware which includes Oracle BPEL Process Manager to manage processes that span heterogeneous applications.
Industry Specific Processes
Oracle has continued to expand its support for adaptable, industry specific business processes. Examples planned for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 include:
* Communications - Oracle Order Management supports ongoing maintenance of customer services including re-configuration, upgrade, downgrade, suspend, resume or disconnect of services. Additionally, Oracle Asset Tracking enables service providers to manage the financial and operational lifecycle of their network infrastructure.
* High Technology and Manufacturing - To support regulatory compliance requirements in Japan and China, Oracle Financial Management supports charge-based Shikyu and support for Golden Tax. Oracle Shop Floor Management has support for lot and serial controlled assemblies and sales order reservation for lot-based jobs and MES capabilities to support process and discrete manufacturing companies.
"Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 has been built to ensure that companies, no matter what size or industry, can compete effectively in an increasingly global economy," said Oracle Senior Vice President of Application Development John Wookey. "With a focus on helping companies make better decisions, work more efficiently and manage their businesses at lower costs, Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 will help them manage the complexities of global business environments."
Customers looking for more information on Oracle Applications are encouraged to attend one of the 1000 events that are being held around the world as part of the Oracle Applications World Tour. These events are designed to communicate the Oracle Application strategy and product roadmaps.