Having your company rank high on a local website search can help you get more customers and more hits to your page
Jane Hurst is a writer, editor and avid traveler from San Francisco, CA
You have a growing or established business that you want to promote online. Having your company rank high on a local website search can help you get more customers and more hits to your page. Here are seven ways to rank high in a local website search.
1. Reviews - Review that rank your company well are a great way to get a high website ranking. Be sure your customers are able to review your site easily. Take the time to go over all your reviews and maybe tweak your site if needed. Sometimes customers have ideas to help your website improve. An improved website will get more hits and will end up on top of the local website search.
2. Mobile Friendly - Nowadays more people are looking up websites on their mobile phones. You want to make sure your website is both PC and mobile friendly in order to encourage customers to come back. Check out your site on different brands of mobile phones, laptops, and tablets to make sure your potential customers are able to find what they need and see what you want them to see. It is very discouraging to go to a website on a mobile phone and not be able to maneuver through it efficiently. Take your site for a test run and make sure it is user friendly no matter how it is accessed.
3. Incorporate backlinks - Using backlinks that have an anchor text with location is a great way to optimize your search engine results. Using phrases like “couples dance lessons nyc”, “buy table dubai”, “stylist beirut”, “web designer florida” will help the search engine localize your results and rank your website high on a local search.
4. Google my Business - You should take the time to fill out the paperwork and claim your business on the Google My Business page. This is a great way to get noticed in a local search. Being on Google my Business will help you climb up in local searches and will help your business grow and thrive.
5. Use your URL - If you have your business location in the name of your URL you will rank higher on local searches. Instead of just putting “kathykatflowers” in your URL you should put “detroitkathykatflowers” in your URL. That way if people in Detroit are looking for a local flower shop, this URL will come up in a local search. This is a great way to optimize the search engine to pull up your company in a local search. The more your company comes up the higher it will go on the local website search.
6. Longer Blogs - It has been said that people today have a shorter attention span and you should use quick phrases and short blog entries to get their attention. Actually the opposite is true. Longer, more well thought out posts get more traffic and shares then smaller, quick posts. Take the time to write a longer blog entry and you will be able to optimize keywords and rank higher on a local search.
7. Location specific content - When you are writing content for your website be sure to add your location throughout the site. Include an “About Us” page where you can put your name, location, and phone number. The more you are able to include your location the better the chance of your website ranking high on local searches.
Take the time to incorporate local keywords, and your location in your website. Remember to put your website on Google my Business and use backlinks to draw more readers into your site. Use these suggestions and you may see your site ranking higher locally each week.