Fiat to increase Chrysler stake
Complex Made Simple

Fiat to increase Chrysler stake

Fiat to increase Chrysler stake

Italian carmaker Fiat has said it has exercised an option to acquire another 3.3% of Chrysler, placing a value with 82% more than a disputed earlier tranche. Fiat currently owns 58.5% of Chrysler and VEBA, a medical-benefits trust for the U.S. carmaker's retirees, owns the rest of 41.5%. In mid-2012 Fiat started exercising options to purchase stakes of a little more than 3.3% from VEBA every six months under an acquisition deal. Those shares are still to be taken as a judge in Delaware has not decided yet upon a price for them.

    Author
    AMEinfo Staff

    AMEinfo staff members report business news and views from across the Middle East and North Africa region, and analyse global events impacting the region today.

    © 2021, ADigitalcom. All rights reserved