Five highly respected movers and shakers of the emirate’s tourism industry will participate in a special ‘Tourism Question Time’ event at this year’s Abu Dhabi Tourism & Culture Authority (TCA Abu Dhabi) annual Overseas Office Summit.
The summit will see representatives from the hospitality, attraction, tour operator, MICE and transportation sectors come together to share insight on the opportunities and challenges facing the emirate’s tourism industry in 2015.
Confirmed speakers include:
• Guy Hutchinson, Chief Operating Officer, Rotana
• Clive Dwyer, Director Destination Management, Miral (Yas Island)
• Peter Baumgartner, Chief Commercial Officer, Etihad Airways
• Luc Delcomminette, Vice President, Arabian Adventures
• Khalifa Alqubaisi, Head of Sales (Congresses & Conferences), ADNEC
• Sultan Al Dhaheri, Acting Executive Director, Tourism, TCA Abu Dhabi
The panel discussion will give each one the opportunity to outline their support and plans to optimise prospects for the emirate’s tourism industry in 2015, followed by an open question & answer session from a gathering of travel industry representatives.
The debate will be held at 11am on February 16 at the Park Hyatt Abu Dhabi Hotel & Villas on Saadiyat Island, and is one of a number of activities organised by TCA Abu Dhabi to share plans and market priorities for 2015, part of the annual get-together of the authority’s 10 overseas offices.
Sultan Al Dhaheri, TCA Abu Dhabi’s Acting Executive Director of Tourism, said: “We have formed a panel with extensive tourism experience gained from individuals operating in a wide range of tourism sectors within the Arabian Gulf and beyond.
“The overseas summit is a must attend industry event to ensure we all work together to excel in an increasingly challenging global tourism environment,” he added.