du celebrated the graduation of the latest batch of Masar graduate trainees 2013. During the ceremony, 36 Emiratis graduated from the 18 month training programme, in the presence of their fellow colleagues, line managers, and representatives from du’s executive management. The event was organised by Masar graduate trainees (GTs).
Osman Sultan, Chief Executive Officer, du; Fahad Al Hassawi, Chief Commercial Officer, du; Ibrahim Nassir,Chief Human Capital Officer, du, Yaser Obaid, Senior Vice President, Human Resources and Organization Development,and Jamal Khalifa Lootah, Senior Director of National Recruitment and Development, du, presented the graduates with certificates during the ceremony.
Nassir said: “On behalf of everyone at du, we congratulate today’s Masar graduates, who join the 160 fellow Masar trainees who have already graduated from the programme this year, and we welcome them to our team. Throughout their 18 month training tenure, each one of them has proven to be highly capable, self-driven and dedicated individuals. Their hard work and commitment is commendable and a positive example for their peers. Masar nurtures Emirati talent to become valuable members of our company, community, and country making a constructive contribution to the growth and prosperity of our nation.”
The 36 graduates joined Masar from different UAE universities, including Zayed University, American University in Sharjah, University of Sharjah, and the Higher Colleges of Technology. They are currently working in various departments within du, such as Human Resources, Organisational Development, Finance, Brand and Communications, Marketing, Sales, IT Network and Security Operations.
Since the launch of the Masar programme in 2007, 160 Emiratis have graduated to become integrated members of du’s employee family. Throughout the Masar development programme, the trainees are guided through dedicated initiatives. Amongst others, these include more than 200 one-to-one coaching sessions in line with their individually created Personal Development Programmes (PDPs); tailor-made classroom training programmes; Multaqa networking sessions with renowned guest speakers, and the opportunity to participate in several volunteer programmes.
Masar programme is open to Emirati students between 18-23 years, who are currently in their third year of study. Students can obtain further details from their university’s career centre. As part of Masar, students successfully accepted onto the programme receive a monthly stipend for the last 24 months of their studies, after which they join du as a Masar Graduate Trainee. During their time with du, they will receive coaching, a Personal Development Plan, and training to allow them to progress within the company. Other benefits throughout the Sponsorship include access to du’s Work Skills programme, as well as two weeks of international work experience, with one of du’s overseas partners.
The development of Emirati employees’ capabilities at du is not limited to those enrolled in Masar programmes. Continued support schemes for UAE nationals at du include:
· PDP – Personal development plans are created for them, through which development requirements are captured in a conversation about performance between employee and the line manager. The needed development is then delivered by du’s Learning and Development team in shape of different development activities
· Talent pools – They are eligible to join the Mustaqbal talent pool
· Learning anywhere,anytime – They have access to more than 300 online courses, including diplomas, short courses and videos. They can participate in these courses from anywhere, at any time.
· Maharaat – du’s in-house training calendar provides face to face training for all core competencies for all levels.
· Power Hours – These are short and to the point learning sessions to pick up everyday business and management skills, to have tackle day to day work-related challenges.
Public Relations Manager
Brand & Communications
Mobile: +971 55 9367045
Tel: +971 4 367 6154
Mobile: +971 55 220 68 20
Fax: +971 4 367 2615