Whether looking for exotic white sands or a remote island setting, a growing number of couples are flying across the globe in search of their dream wedding destination.
Tying the knot abroad is proving far more appealing to today’s husband and wife-to-be’s thanks to the increasing number of flight routes, lowering cost of travel, the opportunity to double up the destination as a honeymoon spot, and – most importantly to many – more desirable weather forecasts!
Matthew Roberts, Senior Director of Sales, Middle East and Africa, for Hilton Worldwide commented on the trend: “While couples travel the globe for an exotic and unforgettable wedding celebration, many are still eager to bring their culture and traditions along. With dedicated wedding planners at Hilton Worldwide hotels, most couples are happy to hand over the planning reigns to us, given our long-standing and worldly experience in creating personalized and tailored events.”
Providing a one-stop guide to picking the very best wedding venues for couples looking for their dream destination in which to say their “I do’s”, Hilton Worldwide highlights its top wedding destinations for brides and grooms, or even those eager to renew their vows:
Conrad Pezula Resort & Spa, South Africa
Fabulously located on the eastern head of Knysna on the exquisite western Cape coast, Conrad Pezula Resort & Spa is set on South Africa’s famous Garden Route between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth; a haven of peace, privacy and luxury. The resort boasts 76 exquisitely appointed junior suites and two grand suites, a luxury spa, gym, kids club and five distinct restaurants affording guests a wide range of culinary experiences. Closely located to George Airport, the resort is surrounded by rugged cliffs, ancient forests, sheltered beaches, sweeping views of the 18-hole Pezula Championship Golf Course and the distant Indian Ocean. The hotel is just a short drive from Knysna, a cosmopolitan town steeped in history that offers fabulous restaurants, charming coffee houses, waterfront shopping, cruises, horse rides and guided tours of the indigenous forests.
Why get hitched here:
• Conrad Pezula has indoor and outdoor facilities to cater up to 140 guests
• The Resort offers Wedding Rewards such as complimentary overnight accommodation in a Deluxe suite, exclusive accommodation rates for guests and the assistance of weddings specialists catering to personalized needs.
• Pezula Spa & Gym offers a number of ‘specials’ for the bride, groom and members of the wedding party, from a 5-week plan to a special two or three day preparation plan.
• The hotel offers a variety of on-site activities for guests including archery, canoeing, golf, hiking and more.
Hilton Seychelles Labriz Resort & Spa, Seychelles
This unforgettable hotel is nestled on the famous white sand shore of Silhouette Island – home to a vibrant National Park and perfect for couples seeking peace, privacy and an iconic beach wedding. This eco-friendly resort, which boasts 111 private villas with outdoor showers and private terraces, is located on a 2.5km white sandy beach and framed by towering peaks of rainforest-clad mountains, providing a secluded setting ideal for nature lovers. With an array of local and international dining options, guests can enjoy island originals including Seychellois Creole specialties or sushi prepared from fresh fish caught by local fishermen.
Why get hitched here:
• Every wedding is individual and every bride even more so – and with on-site bridal hair and makeup service, the resort’s dedicated Wedding Concierge team is committed to providing a truly tailored service.
• Grooms deserve to be treated too! The hotel’s Groom’s services allow the men to de-stress at the Signature Spa.
• With four separate wedding package options – including every detail from fresh flower decorations to exotic bath experiences – guests will know every aspect of their wedding day will be unforgettable!
• To explore the eco-friendly resort from a different perspective, the hotel’s concierge will introduce wedding guests to the PADI-certified Eco-Centre, the only National Geographic Dive Centre in the Seychelles, to scuba dive, snorkel, and take to the high seas on boats!
• The hotel’s legally recognized registrar allows the ceremony to take place within the grounds of Hilton Seychelles Labriz surrounded by exotic jungles.
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
Waldorf Astoria Ras Al Khaimah is cradled by the Hajjar Mountains and the coast of the Arabian Gulf Sea in the northern Emirate of the United Arab Emirates. Explore Ras al-Khaimah’s attractions from this luxury hotel, including a waterpark, sailing, shooting, aviation activities, and desert safaris. The 346 deluxe rooms and suites reflect the palatial surroundings and offer the luxuries of space and tranquility, with each room extending over more than 56 square metres. The setting of this landmark hotel is matched by its unparalleled facilities including 10 stylish dining and entertainment venues, sophisticated conference and event facilities, luxurious spa experiences, an 18-hole championship golf course, and a 350 metre private beach, set against the azure water of the Arabian Gulf Sea.
Why get hitched here:
• To offer their congratulations, Waldorf Astoria RAK gives complimentary accommodation for the bride, groom and in-laws – on the evening of the wedding (valid for weddings until May 2015) – to experience True Waldorf Service.
• In the heart of Arabia, Waldorf Astoria RAK offers customized Arabic menus for local weddings, along with female staff for female-only events; The hotel caters to a range of audiences and cultures.
• A dedicated pastry team can bake a range of layered creations
• Catering for an impressively wide spectrum of events – from intimate gatherings in outdoor cabanas with views of the Arabian Gulf to banquets of up to 450 people in the hotel’s ballroom with live cooking stations to show off culinary creations – couples can design their own bespoke, truly unique wedding celebrations.
• The luxury hotel also provides a wealth of activities to keep wedding guests entertained – from indulging in the luxurious spa treatments on offer, to playing a few sets of tennis or a round of golf.
Hilton Abu Dhabi, UAE
Situated on the vibrant Abu Dhabi Corniche – the UAE capital’s prime beach location – the stylish Hilton Abu Dhabi is the perfect venue to host weddings of all sizes. The hotel, which has over 300 contemporary guest rooms and suites, also boasts over 15 dining and entertainment venues. It offers 3 outdoor pools, beautiful landscaped gardens and a newly enhanced spectacular stretch of private beach.
Why get hitched here:
• Couples will receive a complimentary one night honeymoon suite including breakfast in bed, day use room for the groom, 20% discount on ‘His and Her’ spa treatments and a complimentary five layered cake with a decoration of choice.
• The whole wedding party will benefit from special room rates with 10 in every 100 guests staying free of charge!
• Newlyweds-to-be will be able to select from large and small size indoor wedding venues – in addition to outdoor banqueting facilities – including a breath-taking lakeside garden and the Beach Garden, which can accommodate up to 1500 people.