The 2016 Sierra model, now available for sale across showrooms in the Middle East, boasts a fresh appearance that takes its signature premium styling to a higher level – and offers new, advanced engineering features designed to complement its crafted interior.
New design elements and lighting technology upgrades include LED “C-shaped” signature daytime running lights and LED headlights; new front fascia and grilles for each trim level; new LED fog lamps; new bumpers; and new “C-shaped” LED taillights.
Advanced engineering in the 2016 Sierra is manifested in next-generation technologies such as Lane Keep Assist, which helps keep the truck in its lane with subtle steering enhancements, and IntelliBeam headlamp control, which automatically adjusts the high beams for oncoming traffic.
The 2016 Sierra’s new technologies also include phone integration via GMC IntelliLink, which enhances connectivity and promotes safer driving. It allows smartphone users to connect with applications such as navigation, hands-free messaging and more through Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Additional new and revised features for 2016 include:
– Hydra-Matic 8L90 eight-speed automatic transmission is standard with the 5.3L V-8 engine on SLT and standard with the 6.2L V-8 engine on Sierra Denali
– Wireless phone charging is included on all models with front bucket seats
– Standard remote locking tailgate on SLE, SLT and Denali
– New, available 20-inch chrome-clade aluminum wheel design
– Power-articulating assist steps available on Sierra Denali crew cab
– IntelliBeam and Lane Keep Assist added to the Driver Alert Package available on SLT and Sierra Denali
– Exterior colors: Crimson Red Tintcoat, Cardinal Red, Mahogany Metallic and White Frost Tintcoat.
What hasn’t changed with the Sierra is its high level of capability. The available max trailering package, for example, features a 9.76-inch rear axle, heavy-duty rear springs, unique shock tuning, enhanced cooling and an integrated trailer brake controller. It enables a maximum payload rating of 1,025 kg and a maximum trailering rating of 5,443 kg.
The 2016 GMC Sierra Light Duty is now available for sale across showrooms in the Middle East – starting from 37,290 USD for the 2WD regular cab (59,650 USD for Denali crew cab) – with a three-year/100,000 kilometers warranty and four year roadside assistance.