French company UVGERMI has over 20 years of experience in the development and manufacture of ultraviolet reactors for treating water, air and surfaces, working in France and abroad to improve the quality of the environment.
Exhibiting for the first time at the WFES & IWS show in Abu Dhabi from 19 – 22 January 2015, the company’s aim is to present its expertise and products to local environmental professionals and to position itself on the United Arab Emirates market.
In its workshops UVGERMI manufactures UV reactors for a wide range of applications in the following areas: drinking water, wastewater, water in public swimming pools, water in private swimming pools, rain water, air, surfaces, water in industrial process (agrifood, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, hotel business, etc.). UVGERMI’s reactors provide an easy-to-implement solution in each of these areas, making it possible to address the different issues related to human health protection, using ultraviolet technology.
At the Abu Dhabi WFES & IWS show UVGERMI will be showcasing in particular one of its flagship products: the GERMI R75 air purifier, designed to treat airborne contamination and chemical contamination of the air. It acts on contaminants such as VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), odours, viruses, bacteria and moulds.
GERMI R75 can be used in most environments:
– Hospitals, doctor’s surgeries: to protect staff and patients against microbiological contaminants;
– Offices: to protect staff and customers against microbiological contaminants and VOCs;
– Manufacturing plants: mainly to eliminate VOCs, but also to protect against microbiological contaminants.
The purifier uses a combination of photocatalysis and UV sterilisation. The ambient air is drawn through a fine filter that traps the volatile particles. It then passes through a fibre coated with a photocatalytic substrate made from titanium oxide. Under the effect of the germicidal lamp the titanium oxide releases free radicals (OH), which are diffused in the area to be treated. These free radicals enable the immediate decomposition of the organic (VOCs) and micro-organic (bacteria, viruses, moulds) compounds by transforming them into basic molecules such as water and carbon dioxide. The action of the free radicals continues in the ambient air.
The second benefit of utilising a UV lamp is to use its germicidal power to increase the destruction of micro-organisms (bacteria, viruses and moulds).
Characteristics of the GERMI 75 air purifier:
– The air disinfection models comprise a body and a reflector made of food-grade stainless steel, thus ensuring good distribution of the UV rays.
– They incorporate UV lamps with a lifespan of 7000 hrs. and highly UV-transparent quartz sleeves.
– The disinfection cycles are programmed during installation and can vary from a few minutes to several hours, depending on the nature of the environment to be treated, the bacteriological reduction desired, and the bacteria and viruses present in the air. The module can be controlled by a safety switch, allowing it to be stopped at any time.
– It can be installed in air circulation lines and air conditioners. It has one or more UVC lamps and a catalytic filter so that, in addition to disinfection, bad smells are destroyed.
UVGERMI tests all its equipment in its own experimental laboratory, and validates their effectiveness in partnership with the Corrèze département’s analytical laboratory, which provides UVGERMI with the results of the bacteriological and microbial analyses.
UVGERMI has received French Ministry of Health accreditation and the Sanitary Compliance Certificate (Attestation de Conformité Sanitaire: ACS) for its various processes.